Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 02:19 PM

Sensah Group

OK, getting a bit bored, trying to stir things up

To be honest I used to think it was a big effort to make bike parts, especially brake/shift levers

then came SRAM first generation road, I still think double tap is one tap too many. Just my opinion

Who's tried the Sensah group?

https://www.amazon.com/SENSAH-Shifte...61077344&psc=1
Old 10-27-2021, 02:22 PM

It "works" okay but the shift mechanism of the drop bar levers leaves a lot to be desired. The system feels flimsy in the hand. The entire lever moves like Shimano's, operating for both up and down shifters - but there is barely any tactile feedback as you shift.

I think the flat bar shifter is fine.

It's nice to see new challengers emerge against the bigger brands but this group misses the mark.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Randomhead

I almost ordered a sensah setup for my wife's hybrid. I decided to go a different way, but I have heard that their parts are pretty functional.

I think the amazon link in the OP is a considerable markup from what it can be purchased for on alibaba. OTOH there is more risk with alibaba
Old 10-28-2021, 11:49 AM

-

Last edited by Mackers; 11-17-2021 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:16 PM

No experience with them myself. But the folks at Velo Orange seem to be pretty positive about them.

https://velo-orange.blogspot.com/202...ts-are-in.html
Old 10-28-2021, 04:38 PM

pair it with the Archer shift system?

One way around the brifter/shifter concerns might be to pair the RD with Archer's system. Added benefit of getting to choosing a brake set up ...a variety brake levers for disc or rim versions without shift functions exist.

Maybe not the cheapest path but always good to have options?
Old 10-28-2021, 10:34 PM

Echoing that it definitely works but it just leaves a lot to be desired. The shifter feels like it won’t last. I don’t see any problem putting it on a get around beater but something about it (mostly just the shifter) feels flimsy.

Our shop has been carrying the State bicycle 6061 all road bikes that previously came with apex, full carbon fork, tubeless ready wheels and tires (stock) for $1400. Honestly a great deal and such a good bike. But after supply issues/ inflation they started coming with the state-branded sensah group and it felt wrong selling the same exact bike that now seemed like such lower quality. It was a bike you could grow into now I can see people growing out of it.

Similarly, cannondale and I’m sure some other brands, are putting more micro shift on their entry level bikes. The advent x group that they put on some of the lower end Topstones is MUCH less desirable and needs a good amount of force on the levers to shift. And they do the awful old-school routing that flares out from the hood instead of neatly tucked in with the handlebar.

If it were between the two I’d take the sensah hands down.