Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2019, 06:48 PM

Best endurance frame for group rides

Need the geometry of an endurance frame for a proper fit but looking for bike for fast group rides. Thinking of Cervelo C5, Scott addict, Focus paralane, Cannondale synapse, BMC roadmachine, or Giant defy. Anyone own one or can recommend one of these?
Old 04-12-2019, 06:59 PM

Best does not exist.

Go ride some bikes (while you still can) and buy the one that you think works best not the one I think works best.

They are all perfectly good bikes. Some might even come in a color you prefer.

Last edited by charliedid; 04-12-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Need the geometry of an endurance frame for a proper fit but looking for bike for fast group rides. Thinking of Cervelo C5, Scott addict, Focus paralane, Cannondale synapse, BMC roadmachine, or Giant defy. Anyone own one or can recommend one of these?
Easy answer - the Expert Bike Fit Evo SLX Hi Mod Aero Pro Plus Limited Rider Edition
Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Princess Sweat

Your question is kind've like me posting the following to a car forum:

"Need a recommendation for a car for driving on the highway. Thinking of Ford Taurus, Honda Civic, Lexus ES, McLaren Sedan, Porsche Panamera, Yugo. Anyone have one or can recommend one?"

So much basic information is missing.

The only place to start is by saying "There's so much basic information missing."

Last edited by false_Aest; 04-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Climber

Those are all hot frames.
I can only speak of the Scott, obscenely light and stiff. Great climbing machine.
I guess pick your favorite? You could test them all but it not only depends on the frame but the build. A bad set of wheels could make any of those feel sluggish.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 PM
50 bpm

+1 to Charlie. What's best?

Fastest? No such thing.

Lightest? If that's your thing, easily find-out-able.

Comfort? All things being equal, it's hard to tell the difference between those frames and tire width/pressure can dramatically change the feel of any bike more than claims of high-zoot carbon.

Position? Check the stack and reach of each and try the one that's closest to your own measurements or where you want to be.

There's one bike you didn't mention and if you want PM me and I'll give you the PR schpiel.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:26 PM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by false_Aest View Post
Your question is kind've like me posting the following to a car forum:

"Need a recommendation for a car for driving on the highway. Thinking of Ford Taurus, Honda Civic, Lexus ES, McLaren Sedan, Porsche Panamera, Yugo. Anyone have one or can recommend one?"

So much basic information is missing.

The only place to start is by saying "There's so much basic information missing."
The correct answer is the Bentley Continental, of course.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:18 PM

try one of these and let me know what ya think: DOGMA FS DISK

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...ion-road-bike/
Old 04-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Just like to hear about real world evaluations rather than magazine reviews. Some are just overhyped and others that are sort of obscure have stellar reviews from their owners
I’d have to travel country wide to test them all, most shops limit themselves to 1 or 2 brands nowadays I think a lot of bike brands probably come out of the same factory but some have some negative issues that come about with long term use
Old 04-12-2019, 08:47 PM

today i rode fast on my endurance bike

It's a Trek Domane from 2017 I think. Has rear elastomer but no front stuff. No Di2, no discs, 28mm tires and a Specialized CG-R seatpost. Probably 5K miles on the factory wheels without ever having to touch a spoke wrench. I have owned a zillion.2 bikes in the last 15 years. It does everything just right for me. Comfy, responsive and...wait for it...vertically compliant.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Just like to hear about real world evaluations rather than magazine reviews. Some are just overhyped and others that are sort of obscure have stellar reviews from their owners
I’d have to travel country wide to test them all, most shops limit themselves to 1 or 2 brands nowadays I think a lot of bike brands probably come out of the same factory but some have some negative issues that come about with long term use
Have you tried doing a search on YouTube? I am always surprised by the depth of videos, pro/amateur reviews posted. Give it a shot...
Old 04-12-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I understand asking questions like this, and how some say there is not ez answer.

But the problem is when you read about a bike that you may be interested in for the most part all the reviews say they are great, the best and most amazing ever. Yet we all know that just cant be, some bike are better than others at some things, so I trust real world rider input from guys on this board.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Colnago CX-Zero impressed me, mine is rim-braked but they offer a disc model.
Not sure if this model is still part of their current lineup, but there are some available for sale at this time.
Sizing is offered in traditional and sloping top-tube, and my 52s model fits like a traditional 55-56cm Colnago but with a much taller headtube.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 PM

I looked at a bunch and bought a Canyon Endurace. Carbon, discs, takes up to 32's, DT wheelset, so far bombproof, comfy all day rider.

But like others have said above, the one that's best for you is not necessarily the one that's best for me.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 PM
v a n i l l a

58 or 61?
https://shop.sportsbasement.com/prod...10178888#/tab3

Tags
broccoli