Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Sidi Ergo 5 Mega

Anyone got a pair and can provide some real world feedback. What did you come from? Does the new heel cup work well? I have a wide / High Volume foot and curently on the Lake 237 Wide but struggle with the closure system on the top of the foot. I have and old pair of Genius 5 mega and they fit like a glove but there is too much heel slippage especially on my left foot so not useable anymore.

Cheers

Hainy
Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 PM

THe lake wide is still not good?... lake has extra wide just in case.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:56 PM

I tried the Ergo 5 as well and they didn’t work for my feet. Tried many other shoes and finally found my way to the Lake 241 wide. Best fitting shoe I have owned, comfort, wide and high toe box, two boa dials for great adjustment, plus the heel cup is heat moldable, I highly recommend. I believe they are a different last than the Lake 237, check them out on the Lake web site. Good luck!
quattro
Old 02-03-2019, 05:55 PM

The lakes I have are wide enough its the boa closure system that doesn't agree with the top of my foot. If I keep it loose enough so it is comfortable then I get the foot slippage up and forward.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:02 PM

Not sure if the placement of the boa is different on the 241, worth looking into.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Quattro....why did you find the Ergo 5 not suitable? Just not wide enough?
Old 02-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hainy View Post
Quattro....why did you find the Ergo 5 not suitable? Just not wide enough?
Toe box wasn’t high enough, I have hammer toes, and the shape of the last didn’t agree with my feet.
I really like the 241’s.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:55 PM

After talking to my good friend and bike fitter Steve Hogg I am ordering a pair of Lake CX241 Wide. He recently purcahsed a pair and recommends them. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 02-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
After talking to my good friend and bike fitter Steve Hogg I am ordering a pair of Lake CX241 Wide. He recently purcahsed a pair and recommends them. Thanks everyone for your help
Gee, I think those shoes were recommend by someone in an earlier post

Good luck with the 241 Wides, I think you will like them very much, I am enjoying mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3182.jpg (19.8 KB, 111 views)
Old 04-02-2019, 06:26 PM

Lake 241

I was getting heel lift on the left shoes and Aaron here in Sydney helped mold the heel and it is a lot better. Toe area is a little bit tight so I have left this dial quite loose and seems to get more comfortable with each ride. The good thing is I am able to dial down the top dial quite tight without any pinching. 4 hour ride last Saturday and can’t say I remember thinking about my feet which is always a good sign of happy feet.

Lake 237

Has better room in the toe area but heel lift is a problem and closure system pinches the top of my foot.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Lake 241

I was getting heel lift on the left shoes and Aaron here in Sydney helped mold the heel and it is a lot better. Toe area is a little bit tight so I have left this dial quite loose and seems to get more comfortable with each ride. The good thing is I am able to dial down the top dial quite tight without any pinching. 4 hour ride last Saturday and can’t say I remember thinking about my feet which is always a good sign of happy feet.

Lake 237

Has better room in the toe area but heel lift is a problem and closure system pinches the top of my foot.
Glad you are enjoying your Lake 241 wides.
I never tried the Lake 237, ext time I’m in a store that carries Lake I’ll give them a try. I think my 241’s will be with me for many years .