Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2019, 04:51 PM

My NBC Sports Gold was still active from last year; I'd assumed it expired, but not.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:01 PM

I've been using NBC Sports Gold for the ASO stuff and then Flobikes for the other races. Both have been great for watching the races in off a non-sketchy russian feed.

Commentary however.... much better on Flobikes. NBC Sports....Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekonbike View Post
Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.
Yeah. I still enjoy Phil Liggett somewhat, but he's not what he once was. Bob Roll is awful during the live broadcast. He's much better in the booth for pre and post-race commentary. I can't figure out why Christian Vandevelde is not doing the live broadcast. Seems like he knows man of the riders personally, much better than anyone else, and he's gotten better as a speaker.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekonbike View Post
I've been using NBC Sports Gold for the ASO stuff and then Flobikes for the other races. Both have been great for watching the races in off a non-sketchy russian feed.

Commentary however.... much better on Flobikes. NBC Sports....Bob Roll and Phil aren't great anymore.
100% agreement on all of this. Thus far I've been far more impressed with Flobikes than NBC Sports Gold.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:50 PM

NBC’s summer Good feed has Aussie commentators. They’re excellent.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 PM

Eurosport guys are the best.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Eurosport guys are the best.
btw, did you know there were two sets of commentators last week for RvV? There's Sean "torty kilometer" Kelly on one of the on-demand feeds (labeled as ES1), and there's another set of commentators on the other feed (also ~7 hours long). Kelly's beginning to lose it a bit, and I find the other set of commentators to be more eagle-eyed
Old 04-15-2019, 12:35 AM

There have been decent, no interruption streams on France3.fr for PR and Flanders with a VPN. It's in french but the footage is great and commentary enthusiastic.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
btw, did you know there were two sets of commentators last week for RvV? There's Sean "torty kilometer" Kelly on one of the on-demand feeds (labeled as ES1), and there's another set of commentators on the other feed (also ~7 hours long). Kelly's beginning to lose it a bit, and I find the other set of commentators to be more eagle-eyed
Kelly isn't losing it that bad. His pick to win the Ronde, pre-race, was Bettiol.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Kelly isn't losing it that bad. His pick to win the Ronde, pre-race, was Bettiol.
He's beginning to let a bit of Phil-lisms to crawl in. Also, he stammered a few times during de Ronde broadcast, almost as if he were tongue tied.

Still astute, just that the nearly-instantaneous reaction required may be getting a bit much. That said, I think I prefer commentary from the other former winner of Roubaix, Maggie Backstedt. Razor sharp in analysis with cogent observations. He and Matt Stephens make for a good team. Carlton Kirby just yells too much.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:46 PM

So I am watching the NBC broadcast on my DVR, that they aired at 1am last night, what a f--n nightmare, it's a 2 hour show, the first 20 minutes are hockey.
And the kicker? they were at commercial when Gilbert and Polits attacked, this is the worst garbage I have ever seen.