Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
Cheepnis (gratuitous Zappa reference) is what I was going for on this bike so the SRAM gear will remain. I will look for another front der and I've seen that the Red fronts can be had for small change.
The bike was a CX pit bike so it saw a lot of pressure washer time. Everything is in relatively good shape but probably a bit dry. The chainwheels don't look "hooked" and the cassette is new so the rumbling is probably the chain. Will change it ASAP.
As for routing the der cables...what's the beef? It took me 3.2 seconds, first try without instructions. I find changing cables to actually be easier than on Campy 11 because it's done from the side rather than the bottom.
Exactly. No beef...those cables go in easily.

Pressure washer could definitely push out some grease from the shifters. A little dab of white lithium should fix them up. Other than that, you should be good. You may even like it. I know I do.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Kind of OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonov View Post
Exactly. No beef...those cables go in easily.

Pressure washer could definitely push out some grease from the shifters. A little dab of white lithium should fix them up. Other than that, you should be good. You may even like it. I know I do.
As I said, the shifting was an order of magnitude easier to get used to than Shimano. I only reached for the thumb button a few times.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
As I said, the shifting was an order of magnitude easier to get used to than Shimano. I only reached for the thumb button a few times.
I have most of the different groups in service and Shimano always messes with me. I can move between the others without much issue, but what always cracks me up is that I can go months without riding my Campy bike, ride it one time before switching back to something else, and then find myself reaching for the thumb shifter with my pinky from the bar tops for another week.