Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 PM

finished internal routing (Noisy Content)

moving along with my f12 build and just finished routing FD/RD cables and FB/RB hoses. when i turn the handlebars back and forth i'm getting a lot of rattling from the top of the down tube. I have the rear hose attached to a clip on the inside of the DT inside to keep it from moving so it must be the derailleur cables.
I haven't tightened and attached them to the Brakes and derailleurs yet, so maybe when they are tightened that will help?any advice, besides pulling them out and starting over? Thanks (as always)!!
Old 09-19-2021, 08:40 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Built up S-Works SL4 Roubaix last week. It was Di2 so the cable support thingys for them keep then tight/quiet. But the line for the rear brake I know from experience can tap tap towards insanity on the road.

I used an 1" wide piece of 2-3mm hi density foam and sewed the housing thru it, hole about 6" to weave it thru. Then put a few short pieces of gorilla tape on each side to keep it together so it would not slide/shift The SL4 has a nice window under the BB to fit in.

I marked the housing with a piece of tape where it exited the DT with the right length to the bar/shifter so the foam went right up to the exit [entry] on the DT. I once tried a piece of an inner tube, but too heavy and laying flat to fit it in showed me it was a bad choice.

I can illustrate with a pic if you like?

Last edited by robt57; 09-19-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:46 PM

Internally routed frames often use foam dampers over the housings/hoses These are kind of like the foam rubber insulation tubes used on pipes, but smaller in diameter to fit housings/hoses. These are used to damp out the sounds of housings/hoses shifting and bouncing inside the frame tubes.. Here are foam housing/hose dampers made by Jagwire:

https://jagwire.com/products/small-p...housing-damper
Old 09-19-2021, 09:24 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Here are foam housing/hose dampers made by Jagwire:

I keep meaning to get a roll to put up on the wall. But I am a old ad hoc guy from way back.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
Internally routed frames often use foam dampers over the housings/hoses These are kind of like the foam rubber insulation tubes used on pipes, but smaller in diameter to fit housings/hoses. These are used to damp out the sounds of housings/hoses shifting and bouncing inside the frame tubes.. Here are foam housing/hose dampers made by Jagwire:

so should I pull everything out wrap?
Old 09-19-2021, 11:21 PM
The B!

jus fill that bisch up w spray in foam