Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2024, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
I'm sorry, did I say that?
No, but my inference was that going from 30 to 32 gives up some performance, without gaining more comfort, from your previous post. Or something along those lines.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:35 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBike View Post
I recently mounted 32mm Gravel King slicks on Dura Ace C24 wheels, 15mm internal, and with latex tubes. What a fantastic ride. I did have 26 mm on the wheels, tried the 32 out of curiosity. Sure, the handling and acceleration are a bit slower, but that matters not to me.The high level of comfort is well worth that trade off for me.
I put the 26mm Gk’s on a set of Hed Belgium Plus rims, 6800 hubs, internal width is 18.2 mm. The tires spread out to a hair over 28mm, and they feel like a different set of tires with improved ride. I do not notice any difference in handling or acceleration.
IMO, both changes worked out to my benefit. The C24 and 32’s are on my Soma Smoothie, the Hed and 26’s are now on my Airborne Zeppelin. The Zeppelin gained about a pound due to 32 spoke wheels, the Smoothie’s weight evened out.

The Zeppelin is strictly pavement, the Smoothie gets some easy multi-surface rides, mostly cinder and hard packed dirt, some pea sized gravel, packed sand.
what calipers are you using? I'm trying to decide how big of a tire I might be able to use on my new Anderson.. it has SRAM Force calipers and seems to have a ton of room around the 25mm Vittoria Corsas on there now and I tried the front wheel of my Belgiums mounted with 28mm Corsas and seemed to work fine.. would love to get 30s..