Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2017, 04:27 PM

fiber fix on a regularly ridden frame? really? you should post that here, not on a bike forum:

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit

this is no celebration of brokenness, it's a pronouncement that you've gone mad, sir. mad!

you've got a perfectly good red merckx in the stable. riding a clunker of questionable integrity vs. that....why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
3 1/2 hours of soaking in the sunshine and riding at 78 degrees have done me a lot of good, and helped clear my head. It suddenly occurred to me while I was riding that y'all were absolutely right, that it was utterly and positively insane that I would choose to ride all these broken bikes and knowingly put myself in harms way and potentially get myself seriously injured. I felt such a strong sense of remorse and shame thinking about that, it was very emotional....

and then, I got back to my car. The minute I stopped pedaling and got off the bike (the broken french carbon one, mind you), all the euphoria and endorphin subsided almost immediately, I was rudely awakened back to reality -- oh...crap! All these broken bikes....who is going to take care of them if I just throw them out in the streets. Today is the last "nice weather" day, they are forecasting snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, imagine these poor bikes sitting out there exposed to the cold and the wet - Oh no! That won't do. It's too inhumane. I guess I will just keep them a bit longer....
Old 12-21-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ny77 View Post
fiber fix on a regularly ridden frame? really? you should post that here, not on a bike forum:

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit

this is no celebration of brokenness, it's a pronouncement that you've gone mad, sir. mad!

you've got a perfectly good red merckx in the stable. riding a clunker of questionable integrity vs. that....why?
Along with a couple perfectly good Merlins, a nice Sachs, a Serotta, who knows what else... its madness for sure. To prevent your other bikes from catching potentially fatal diseases, you should send me all the non damaged bikes in your stable so they don't catch the diseases your other bikes are afflicted with. I'll send you a roll of fiber fix and duct tape as a good faith deposit. I will also install proper Campy groups on all of them so your parts don't see any wear.