Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2024, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
would training wheels reduce the chances of a crash?
my comment came across as ambiguous and insensitive after i read it again but I was just thinking that recumbent bikes have a much more stable platform compared to two wheeled road bikes and I was thinking maybe training wheels on either side of the rear wheel will increase lateral stability of a road bike and prevent a crash like this. and now thinking back to that idea it's kinda stupid because road bikes wouldn't be able to turn a corner with training wheels attached.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:34 PM

well i stand corrected
Old 03-19-2024, 05:37 PM
commuter racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallizes View Post
I am going to guess they mean non-racing wheels/tires and not kid style 'training wheels'

edit: because I don't think there are haters in this thread

hope you are feeling better soon
My bad I completely misunderstood! Rough day here.. thin skin maybe too.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:39 PM
commuter racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmalwo View Post
my comment came across as ambiguous and insensitive after i read it again but I was just thinking that recumbent bikes have a much more stable platform compared to two wheeled road bikes and I was thinking maybe training wheels on either side of the rear wheel will increase lateral stability of a road bike and prevent a crash like this. and now thinking back to that idea it's kinda stupid because road bikes wouldn't be able to turn a corner with training wheels attached.
No worries and I appreciate the brainstorming. I struggle with training wheels as a kid and they didn't seem to help me ride a bike.. Cheers!
Old 03-19-2024, 08:05 PM

Anytime you think you might have a concussion, or lost consciousness even for a second, you need to go to a hospital and get checked out. There have been cases where people hit their heads, thought they were fine then about 12 to 24 hours later their dead. And since you have told us about your complaint, please go get your head checked out to be safe.

Would a MIPS helmet helped? maybe, but it's impossible to say for sure.

I do recommend that since you need a new helmet to go to the Virginia Tech site, see: https://www.helmet.beam.vt.edu/bicyc...t-ratings.html Then select a helmet based on the lowest score and then price, for some reason the lower the score the better the helmet. One of lowest scoring helmets only costs $65, see helmet #11. Anyway, just browse the helmets till you find one you like, just keep the lower score thing in your mind.