Old 05-09-2018, 05:08 AM
aka RAEKWON

I have to get me a carbon hampsten one of these days
Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 PM

Canyon road bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati2 View Post
First carbon bike in a while.
I've been hearing a lot about the Canyon's. How do you like it? Ride...weight?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Canyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclepair View Post
I've been hearing a lot about the Canyon's. How do you like it? Ride...weight?

Thanks!
I like it. It definitely is a race bike. Short head tube and plenty of saddle to bar drop. A little aggressive geometry with 73.5 degree seat and head tube angles. Handling is solid and not twitchy even with these angles. Fairly comfortable with the 28mm Corsas. I am not a weight weenie and don’t weigh my bikes but I would guess this is around 17lbs since I switched out the Mavic Cosmic Pro wheels for some sweet i9/Reynolds wheels (thanks ColnagoFan) that ride real nice and are about 300 grams lighter. It’s kind of fun to ride something that is still fairly unique in the US. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and think it’s a quality product (even with some complaints listed below), well appointed, and a good price.

On the flip side. I am not sure about their business model and service. Maybe chalk this up due to the fact that this is a new venture in the US. It’s not like Burger King...you can’t have them your way. They really need to let people switch out parts to dial in fit. They must be selling bikes because they have almost zero inventory available to sell on their website unless you are a xxs or xxl. Make sure you understand your fit needs before purchasing, including how details like frame angles will impact your fit.

Also, the assembly instructions were weak. There is a part that only requires one newton meter of torque (which wasn’t specified in the manual) and my torque wrench broke the part at two newton meters. The customer service guy admitted their assembly instructions were poor and they are in the process of updating them. The expander plug also broke when I removed the top cap to adjust the spacers. I paid an extra $100 to overnight the bike for a trip and these two problems wasted that expense. They agreed to send the new parts overnight at their expense. Unfortunately, the sent the replacement broken part but didn’t send the expander plug. I called them at 2:00 pst to remind them they needed to send the plug and the recording said they accept service calls until 5:00 pst but knocked off early for the day. I left a message and never heard back from them...a week later the expander plug showed up without warning. I had already paid a mechanic to fix it for me. The did include a free T-shirt and hat for my trouble. I left an email for their GM to give him some input from a paying customer and never heard from him.

Probably too much info but thought I would include the big picture. It’s a high quality bike that rides great, the assembly instructions are weak and can get you in trouble, make sure you get the fit right since the bikes can’t be modified (to be fair, you can send it back and exchange it within a certain time frame), and customer service is lacking. YMMV.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I like it. It definitely is a race bike. Short head tube and plenty of saddle to bar drop. A little aggressive geometry with 73.5 degree seat and head tube angles. Handling is solid and not twitchy even with these angles. Fairly comfortable with the 28mm Corsas. I am not a weight weenie and don’t weigh my bikes but I would guess this is around 17lbs since I switched out the Mavic Cosmic Pro wheels for some sweet i9/Reynolds wheels (thanks ColnagoFan) that ride real nice and are about 300 grams lighter. It’s kind of fun to ride something that is still fairly unique in the US. Overall, I am pleased with the purchase and think it’s a quality product (even with some complaints listed below), well appointed, and a good price.

On the flip side. I am not sure about their business model and service. Maybe chalk this up due to the fact that this is a new venture in the US. It’s not like Burger King...you can’t have them your way. They really need to let people switch out parts to dial in fit. They must be selling bikes because they have almost zero inventory available to sell on their website unless you are a xxs or xxl. Make sure you understand your fit needs before purchasing, including how details like frame angles will impact your fit.

Also, the assembly instructions were weak. There is a part that only requires one newton meter of torque (which wasn’t specified in the manual) and my torque wrench broke the part at two newton meters. The customer service guy admitted their assembly instructions were poor and they are in the process of updating them. The expander plug also broke when I removed the top cap to adjust the spacers. I paid an extra $100 to overnight the bike for a trip and these two problems wasted that expense. They agreed to send the new parts overnight at their expense. Unfortunately, the sent the replacement broken part but didn’t send the expander plug. I called them at 2:00 pst to remind them they needed to send the plug and the recording said they accept service calls until 5:00 pst but knocked off early for the day. I left a message and never heard back from them...a week later the expander plug showed up without warning. I had already paid a mechanic to fix it for me. The did include a free T-shirt and hat for my trouble. I left an email for their GM to give him some input from a paying customer and never heard from him.

Probably too much info but thought I would include the big picture. It’s a high quality bike that rides great, the assembly instructions are weak and can get you in trouble, make sure you get the fit right since the bikes can’t be modified (to be fair, you can send it back and exchange it within a certain time frame), and customer service is lacking. YMMV.
Interesting, my experience with them was very positive. Called ahead to discuss shipping time. I only moved some spacers around to get the fit dialed (I don't have the one piece bar/stem, but more a $$ decision, I didn't want to pay $700 for it and the Mavic wheels). I didn't really look for assembly instructions, though, it was straight forward, bike was tuned well and been happily riding. Ultegra 8k (and DT swiss wheels mine came with) are great so far, and love the handling. I have the Ultimate disc 8.0 in blue, which looks good in person, takes wide tires (put 28s on, can go 32s at least)..
Old 05-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davist View Post
Interesting, my experience with them was very positive. Called ahead to discuss shipping time. I only moved some spacers around to get the fit dialed (I don't have the one piece bar/stem, but more a $$ decision, I didn't want to pay $700 for it and the Mavic wheels). I didn't really look for assembly instructions, though, it was straight forward, bike was tuned well and been happily riding. Ultegra 8k (and DT swiss wheels mine came with) are great so far, and love the handling. I have the Ultimate disc 8.0 in blue, which looks good in person, takes wide tires (put 28s on, can go 32s at least)..
Glad your experience wasn’t as frustrating as mine. Maybe my experience was a one off. Ultimately, I am happy with the purchase and enjoy riding the bike which I think is high quality and good value.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Glad your experience wasn’t as frustrating as mine. Maybe my experience was a one off. Ultimately, I am happy with the purchase and enjoy riding the bike which I think is high quality and good value.
great, I guess that's the bottom line, very pleased with the ride / quality / value on this one for sure! happy pedaling! Here's mine in the tall grass I should have cut
disco volante.jpg
Old 05-11-2018, 09:19 AM

Very nice. Looks like bottles match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
Hampsten Squadra

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 07:13 PM
VAV

[IMG]20180520_135916 by VIAR VAPA, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 05-20-2018, 10:42 PM

C50

Recently purchased a C60, but riding the C50 again today makes me wonder why I wanted the C60.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colnago C50.jpg (38.8 KB, 474 views)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 PM

Crumpton in background

Last edited by enr1co; 08-10-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8382 View Post
Recently purchased a C60, but riding the C50 again today makes me wonder why I wanted the C60.
I know the feeling.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:34 PM

A pair (could that be called a Loo?) of Looks!!

No ride today, just took time out to make them clean and sparkling.

Since they are freshly clean, all you get are late evening 'garage door' shots.

Love my Looks!! IMG_20180525_190325.jpegIMG_20180525_190503.jpegIMG_20180525_190845_1.jpegIMG_20180525_190947.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2018, 11:40 PM
UN-Registered® User!

No Pins!!!

Beautiful bikes (and scenery on some)... Thanks for sharing everyone. I am surprised no one has one of these, however!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MY PIN.jpg (136.7 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by Avispa; 05-26-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 05:36 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2018, 04:16 PM

alot of others come and go but the Ridley seems to keep hanging on..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeliumAB.jpg (145.7 KB, 300 views)