Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 04:22 PM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonov View Post
Agreed. And Lance's commentary is boring. It sounds more like he's bro'ing down with Bob Roll than adding valuable color.

I decided to check out his podcast, because he interviewed Bode Miller, and, yeah, he's just boring, and, of course, narcissistic. It was in the end, all about Lance. Bode wasn't very interesting, either.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:26 PM
slower than you

The Lexus virtual reality feature is pretty dumb. It's like foozball meets modern gaming, and it's pretty silly, in the end.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:38 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalax View Post
Ewan won!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
That was a workin' mans sprint right there.
see the rider ewan cut off (as he swung wide right to get behind DG) pound on his bars from about 50m all the way across the line...not happy
Old 07-17-2019, 06:55 PM

I was shocked to see LA doing long distance Q&A with PL. Is all forgiven now?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Good sprint, but yes, a swerve at 75m from Ewen to get on the wheel. Good first win, fired up and needed the adrenalin.

I hope this thread stays on topic, but to answer: PL was always confessed LA fan and apologist, and professed to be 'shocked and let down' when the truth came out.

I didn't like it at the time, but he and Sherwen were big LA boosters (Sherwen was press officer for Motorola when LA was on board).
Old 07-17-2019, 08:36 PM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Just saw a Specialized Turbo e bike commercial that was kinda witty, with Phil Ligget blowing by Alaphilippe on a hard climb doing non stop commentary and marveling at how flat the road suddenly became, riding their top e bike. I think they should take it one step further and have Phil egging Lance on in a mother commercial with comments like, hey, Lance, I don't care how much you doped, I've got this one!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:53 PM

He is back!!!

#❤️Lance Armstrong

Always have, hopefully always will
Old 07-17-2019, 10:51 PM
the Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
see the rider ewan cut off (as he swung wide right to get behind DG) pound on his bars from about 50m all the way across the line...not happy
I was wondering if anyone else saw that, it wasn't mentioned in the broadcast, maybe tomorrow. Not sure who the rider was but he was pissed. Watch the video again and you'll see there was pretty dramatic contact.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyintense View Post
I was wondering if anyone else saw that, it wasn't mentioned in the broadcast, maybe tomorrow. Not sure who the rider was but he was pissed. Watch the video again and you'll see there was pretty dramatic contact.
I think it is Bonifazio (Team direct energie ). In his interview he complained about the phone that a spectator held in front of him.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Just saw a Specialized Turbo e bike commercial that was kinda witty, with Phil Ligget blowing by Alaphilippe on a hard climb doing non stop commentary and marveling at how flat the road suddenly became, riding their top e bike.
Basically plagiarizing what Matt Stephens (formerly of GCN) posted on youtube last month... video of him lazily cruising right on by Fabian Cancellara up a long climb in Switzerland aboard Pinarello's e-bike, whistling along, taking selfies with Michi Schär. LOL
So we've got Phil in the commercial, then NBC using the "ask Peter Sagan" segment to show zero race related content, just him riding the Spesh e-bike on the rest day. The e-bike whoring is almost as annoying as their daily overuse of that Lexus telestrator thingy.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
As we know, camera foreshortens distance, so this requires further examination... in any case, the commissars have taken no action.

The rider pounding on his handlebars appears to be baulked by the rider alongside him. He looks sharply to his immediate right when he is impeded (see the front on video).
Old 07-18-2019, 01:12 AM
the Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychisel View Post
As we know, camera foreshortens distance, so this requires further examination... in any case, the commissars have taken no action.

The rider pounding on his handlebars appears to be baulked by the rider alongside him. He looks sharply to his immediate right when he is impeded (see the front on video).
Check the over head view, it's clear there was contact.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:59 AM

love this quote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/...s-epic-battle/

"Having so many GC riders - specifically Pinot - right up there in the overall classification was not only exciting for the race, adding to the local interest and excitement, it arguably worked for Ineos, too. There has been noticeably less talk of Ineos' strength and dominance this year. That could be set to change.

Not that Brailsford will mind. Asked whether any tiny part of him felt it was a shame that Pinot in particular had lost so much time, Brailsford just laughed. “Not one iota,” he answered. “That gene does not exist in my body. I live and breathe and think all day about sticking a knife in - and when you get a chance, twisting it. That's just the nature of the sport we're in. We race to win."

What a stupid question from the reporter. While on earth should the leader of the opposing team feel there is a "shame" when a top contender screws the pooch? What did the reporter want to hear, that Brailsford wanted to give hugs to Pinot? Unbelievable.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Check the over head view, it's clear there was contact.
Fair enough. I saw the live coverage late last night (Australian time) so it was about 1.45am. Details are hazy.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
Basically plagiarizing what Matt Stephens (formerly of GCN) posted on youtube last month... video of him lazily cruising right on by Fabian Cancellara up a long climb in Switzerland aboard Pinarello's e-bike, whistling along, taking selfies with Michi Schär. LOL
So we've got Phil in the commercial, then NBC using the "ask Peter Sagan" segment to show zero race related content, just him riding the Spesh e-bike on the rest day. The e-bike whoring is almost as annoying as their daily overuse of that Lexus telestrator thingy.
Come on!

Have a laugh