Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-2023, 01:38 PM

I was taking 15mg of Mobic daily until my Rheumatologist told me to stop because I was potentially damaging my kidneys. I was to avoid all NSAIDs and Tylenol because of liver function. I did 27 years in the military and 20 deployments. I had several bad days, including broken vertebrae and nerve damage in my left leg. I get severe, sharp pains at night that interfere with sleep. If I can get to sleep and stay that way, I'm good.

VA can't prescribe any CBD or THC products, but they can offer advice unofficially. Now that I'm retired and not subject to any testing, I'm using CBD: THC gummies. They're legal in Arizona. I use the Indica variety and it has improved my sleep, and that's not just my perception but that of my wife's as well. I pay around $13 for a bag of ten, 10mg each gummies.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Deconditioned!

Ya. The 1:1, CBD/THC is also good.

What I don’t like is that the price of plain CBD is jacked up way too high (punny). THC is just plain inexpensive (in states where it’s legal (as it is in Oregon)).
Old 01-02-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
I was taking 15mg of Mobic daily until my Rheumatologist told me to stop because I was potentially damaging my kidneys. I was to avoid all NSAIDs and Tylenol because of liver function. I did 27 years in the military and 20 deployments. I had several bad days, including broken vertebrae and nerve damage in my left leg. I get severe, sharp pains at night that interfere with sleep. If I can get to sleep and stay that way, I'm good.

VA can't prescribe any CBD or THC products, but they can offer advice unofficially. Now that I'm retired and not subject to any testing, I'm using CBD: THC gummies. They're legal in Arizona. I use the Indica variety and it has improved my sleep, and that's not just my perception but that of my wife's as well. I pay around $13 for a bag of ten, 10mg each gummies.
Hi
Same here on Mobic 10 years rheumatoid arthritis.
I worked in pharmaceuticals it was a horrible to get permission to start CBD oil.
Had a weed card still took 6 months to get permission.
I’ve been on CBD oil for 2 years high octane THC.
It knocked the edge off the pain in the joints.
I think the lotions and balms , again high octane help with particularly bad spots or areas.
I’m retired now so I tried some Rick Simpson oil because of a bike crash to help with pain.
One drop and I was higher than a kite couldn’t sleep the whole night so I learn to mix it with the lotion and put it topically not orally.
Full disclosure I’m in my 60s
Old 01-02-2023, 03:14 PM
Rockstruck

Gummies make me feel sick, and I couldn't picture being baked while in pain. I wish someone could figure out the placebo effect in general and turn it into a prescription.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:15 AM

CBD oil and CBD products are legal in my state. The make Delta 8 products from the oil through a method that makes me a bit curious. Is it safe? I suffer from long haul Covid symptoms, from the vaccine, not the virus. The Delta 8 made me a bit less fatigue and a bit less dizzy. My doctor now has me taking low dose Naltrexone which has been a Godsend. I had the best ride yesterday that I have had in 18 months. I came home, had lunch and went shopping for new glasses. Before the meds, I would come home and collapse for four hours.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:49 AM

as Napoleon would say, "lucky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpoole8537 View Post
CBD oil and CBD products are legal in my state. The make Delta 8 products from the oil through a method that makes me a bit curious. Is it safe? I suffer from long haul Covid symptoms, from the vaccine, not the virus. The Delta 8 made me a bit less fatigue and a bit less dizzy. My doctor now has me taking low dose Naltrexone which has been a Godsend. I had the best ride yesterday that I have had in 18 months. I came home, had lunch and went shopping for new glasses. Before the meds, I would come home and collapse for four hours.
My PCM seems uncomfortable treating long COVID so I'm waiting to discuss this with cardiology at my next appt. Did 1mg or 2mg work for you?
Old 01-04-2023, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpoole8537 View Post
Hi
Ask the manufacture how they Extract the oil.
I’m good with the CO2 and ethanol.
Not so much with the liquid solvent not something I want to put in my body.
We use solvents in pharmaceuticals but under super super controlled circumstances and tested to be sure none of the solvent got into the product.

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/o...d-oil-is-made/

JB
Old 01-04-2023, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWL2222 View Post
I wish someone could figure out the placebo effect in general and turn it into a prescription.
A prescription for a placebo? Can't just get a placebo over the counter, or is the prescription itself the placebo?

Either way, these work exceptionally well, and they're conveniently in the checkout line. I'm sure with enough faith, they'll work just fine.

Old 01-04-2023, 03:21 PM

Because I have suffered from Psoriasis Arthritis since I was about 25 years old I have tried just about everything. Like everything else I have tried I found CBD to be just more snake oil.

I will say though that of all the ones I have tried the Floyds of Leadville full spectrum, meaning it contains some THC, did seem to let me sleep pretty good. But it did nothing for pain.

I finally settled on a Big Pharma solution after 20 years of struggling and could kick my self in the arse for not doing it earlier. Thank you hard science, clinical trials, and big pharama.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:04 PM

Regarding chronic pain, I think it's often necessary to adjust the dosage or choose a product with a higher concentration. This is assuming cannabis has any effect on your body because I've met people who didn't find any relief regardless of the dose.
You shouldn't settle for a dosage that doesn't bring any benefits.

Also, try products from various manufacturers. The effectiveness of cannabis products can vary widely, influenced by factors like the quality of the source plant, the extraction method used, and the purity and concentration of the final product. These factors can differ significantly between sellers.

My wife praises the CBD gummies from State of Mind Labs. She's been exclusively using their products for a few months now. So, they might be worth a try for some of you
Old 02-19-2024, 01:22 PM

CBD may increase serum concentrations of cyclosporine, sildenafil, antihistamines, haloperidol, antiretrovirals, and some statins (atorvastatin and simvastatin but not pravastatin or rosuvastatin)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...osuvastatin)17.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi View Post
THC gummies are where it’s at. $5 for 50mg in Oregon. Replying for a friend.
Um, just be careful with regard to dosage when starting out.

2.5-5mg is a sweet spot for a friend of mine, while another needs 50mg for a similar effect.

Just sayin'

Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 02-19-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
For me it depends on the type of THC. I’m an insomniac and I like edibles made with Indica and CBD. I use them as an alternative to Ambien, which unfortunately had become a staple. Sativa strains makes me wired and keep me up. CBD alone does nothing for me so far as I can tell. I particularly like these: https://www.bettyseddies.com/product...-bedtimebettys. The only downside is waking up in the middle of the night with cottonmouth. I always keep a bottle of water by me at night though.
My mother-in-law uses these. When I'm in MA I usually pick them up for her. She tried everything - OTC, prescription, etc - betty-bed-time is the only thing that works for her.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:34 PM

Like said above, even if marijuana isn't legal in your state you can likely find the Delta 8 THC:CBD gummies at any vape shop because of the loophole in how it's classified.

I'd go to the CBD store instead of the weed store, because I was too lazy to wait in line and do ID checks (both are available in Illinois). I found that the 1:1 CBDelta 8 THC was pretty effective at dulling pain (it wouldn't make it go away, but it wouldn't be as mentally present) and creating an overall mellow atmosphere like real THC gummies. You really have to play around with dosing though, I found out the hard way that I'm a lightweight and probably close to 5mg is right if I want to function during the day.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
My mother-in-law uses these. When I'm in MA I usually pick them up for her. She tried everything - OTC, prescription, etc - betty-bed-time is the only thing that works for her.
Betty makes some good stuff. Gluten free.

Seriously.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy