Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2020, 06:35 PM

Fizik MTB Shoes

Who's riding any of the current crop of MTB shoes from Fizik?

Thoughts on fit?

Thx
Old 06-28-2020, 09:21 PM

I recently got a pair of Fizik M5B mtb shoes(discontinued model). Got them in the same size(40) as my Sidi's and feel that they're just a bit bigger, maybe a 1/4 size bigger or so. They use a Boa adjuster which works well for tightening. On the bike they feel fine and they should be good for off the bike dirt and rocky stuff. Maybe also for commuting and they seem to walk ok. A good deal because I got them discounted.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalax View Post
I recently got a pair of Fizik M5B mtb shoes(discontinued model). Got them in the same size(40) as my Sidi's and feel that they're just a bit bigger, maybe a 1/4 size bigger or so. They use a Boa adjuster which works well for tightening. On the bike they feel fine and they should be good for off the bike dirt and rocky stuff. Maybe also for commuting and they seem to walk ok. A good deal because I got them discounted.
Thanks I actually owned those too and didn't get on with them. I just tried a pair of Infinito X1 and not sure how I like them. Might need to order a 1/2 size smaller and see. I also tried and returned an Shimano RX8 and just ordered a size smaller. I think I like that shoe. Bummer it's just full sizes...
Old 06-29-2020, 06:37 PM
Administrator

i also got burned on a set of X5 terras that i really wanted to like since i like the way they look a lot, bought my normal size 44, and they are too big. waited too long and never returned them. i should probably sell them.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i also got burned on a set of X5 terras that i really wanted to like since i like the way they look a lot, bought my normal size 44, and they are too big. waited too long and never returned them. i should probably sell them.

Yeah I might order and try on a pair of those too...
Old 06-29-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Thanks I actually owned those too and didn't get on with them. I just tried a pair of Infinito X1 and not sure how I like them. Might need to order a 1/2 size smaller and see. I also tried and returned an Shimano RX8 and just ordered a size smaller. I think I like that shoe. Bummer it's just full sizes...
The M5B is not a summer shoe, my feet were hot after just an hour today in this 80 degree weather.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalax View Post
The M5B is not a summer shoe, my feet were hot after just an hour today in this 80 degree weather.
I rode some knit shoes for a couple seasons and yeah they were comfy that way bit I never really seem to care much. I currently ride Rapha grand tour shoes made of leather and they seem to do fine in real heat for me.