Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2021, 10:26 AM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepextate View Post
Would you mind sharing what the 28 Pirelli P Zeros measure out at on your Belgium+ rims?
I am not using the Belgium+ rims, but on my BTLOS rims, my 28 Pirelli P Zero Velo 4s measure to 29mm

Didn't use calipers, but a large adjustable (Crescent) wrench and a tape measure.

Hope this helps....

FWIW - I think they are nice riding tire...plenty of grip...seem supple enough, but I inflate to about 100 psi for my 180 lbs.....
Old 05-08-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Would you mind sharing what the 28 Pirelli P Zeros measure out at on your Belgium+ rims?
Sorry, I don't have a caliper. Can tell you that 5000s in 28 are usable on an enve rim brake fork and the pirellis are not.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:40 AM

I switched to Pirellis after I had trouble (briefly) finding Conti 5000s.

Road bike, on ENVE 4.5 SES wheels.

The regular Velos (tan wall) in 25 measure out to 28 with a caliper on these rims.

They have very sharp turn-in, and if anything feel like a smaller version of a motorbike tire. Very sharp, and very progressive across the curvature of the tire, and they don't have the same tendency to develop square shoulders as they wear, which the Contis definitely do.

Very easy to mount, and it's the only tire I can roll on by hand (no levers) since I ran open tubulars a couple of years ago. They have a similar soft feel to the Vittoria, albeit less so. But for a standard clincher and non-open-tubular cotton tire, they are surprisingly supple.

Wear-wise and flat-wise, they are about the same as the Conti 5000s. In terms of rolling resistance; they're about the same, or perhaps a little less quick.

I did run the 4s in the winter (a lot like the Conti 4 seasons), and they were great but definitely slower than the regular Zeros. Haven't tried the new version yet, but looking forward to it.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonk View Post
Sorry, I don't have a caliper. Can tell you that 5000s in 28 are usable on an enve rim brake fork and the pirellis are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
I am not using the Belgium+ rims, but on my BTLOS rims, my 28 Pirelli P Zero Velo 4s measure to 29mm

Didn't use calipers, but a large adjustable (Crescent) wrench and a tape measure.

Hope this helps....

FWIW - I think they are nice riding tire...plenty of grip...seem supple enough, but I inflate to about 100 psi for my 180 lbs.....
Super helpful - thank you guys! Will probably stick to Conti GP5000s in 28s (since I'm also running an ENVE rim brake fork).
Old 05-10-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Super helpful - thank you guys! Will probably stick to Conti GP5000s in 28s (since I'm also running an ENVE rim brake fork).
I have the same fork. My 25 Pirellis measure out to 27 or so, and I doubt you could go much larger on that fork.
Old 05-10-2021, 04:08 PM

I currently have P-Zero Velos on my Bianchi and I've just purchased a pair for my Pinarello. The road feel and handling are the best I've experience using a clincher. I haven't put on enough miles to comment on their durability.