Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > The Showcase

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
dave thompson dave thompson is offline
You still here?
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 9,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
http://arcycles.weebly.com/frame-building-classes.html

User Dave Thompson has done one, IIRC, but my search-fu is failing me for any further details. I know he's posted about it here.
I did. Under Arron’s careful tutelage at his frame building school I built my own frame. https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=Aaron I highly recommend Aaron, his day job is a professional teacher and his second day job is a builder of beautiful frames.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15958A17-DA7F-476C-A66A-B55B096E0673.jpg (148.5 KB, 168 views)
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 12-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave thompson View Post
I did. Under Arron’s careful tutelage at his frame building school I built my own frame. https://forums.thepaceline.net/showt...ighlight=Aaron I highly recommend Aaron, his day job is a professional teacher and his second day job is a builder of beautiful frames.
Fantastic - thanks for the linkage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 PM
velotrack velotrack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Fantastic - thanks for the linkage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
he taught me to build a frame, too. it was a great time - worth every minute!

(though a road+, super fat tire frame will most certainly be harder than a standard clearance frame for your first build)
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 12-08-2018, 10:47 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,376
Thanks for the interest all. Dan we can definitely open up the conversation. I offer two different classes now, so a little more is possible given the longer class is taken. With that being said, Velotrack makes a valid point about the level of complexity but it's worth discussing. I am always willing to fill the void if need be. Here is a Randonneur frame/fork/stem another student built and painted during a class that Velotrack attended.
__________________
ar-cycles.com
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,288
Thanks Aaron, let's talk at NAHBS and see how the year looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8aaron8 View Post
Thanks for the interest all. Dan we can definitely open up the conversation. I offer two different classes now, so a little more is possible given the longer class is taken. With that being said, Velotrack makes a valid point about the level of complexity but it's worth discussing. I am always willing to fill the void if need be. Here is a Randonneur frame/fork/stem another student built and painted during a class that Velotrack attended.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 12-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Mike V's Avatar
Mike V Mike V is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 772
I was going to wait until NAHBS to talk to you.

I have been lurking this thread for a long time now. I'm now very interested in the class also. I was thinking of having you make a frame for my 50th. But now thinking of you teaching me build it if your interested. I'm local and would really like to meet up.
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:23 AM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
I was going to wait until NAHBS to talk to you.

I have been lurking this thread for a long time now. I'm now very interested in the class also. I was thinking of having you make a frame for my 50th. But now thinking of you teaching me build it if your interested. I'm local and would really like to meet up.

I sent you a message Mike.
__________________
ar-cycles.com
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 12-16-2018, 10:55 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,376
Ready to get masked and painted
__________________
ar-cycles.com
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 12-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,288
Looks great Aaron - what's that one off to the side with the DA9K cranks on it? Looks like a pretty slack HTA - or it could be my eyes..
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 12-17-2018, 11:17 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Looks great Aaron - what's that one off to the side with the DA9K cranks on it? Looks like a pretty slack HTA - or it could be my eyes..
Maybe it's the angle of this shot or your eyes, but it is the stainless frame from a couple months ago. The HT angle is 73* on that one so pretty standard.
__________________
ar-cycles.com
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 12-27-2018, 03:29 PM
8aaron8 8aaron8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,376
I'm excited about this one




__________________
ar-cycles.com
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:07 PM
dave thompson dave thompson is offline
You still here?
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 9,969
(For you old guys, que the Rex Harrison voice) He’s got it, by George I think he’s got it!
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 12-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave thompson View Post
(For you old guys, que the Rex Harrison voice) He’s got it, by George I think he’s got it!
I agree. Fantastic work Aaron!
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 12-28-2018, 07:56 AM
weisan's Avatar
weisan weisan is offline
ZhugeLiang
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Back in Austin, Texas
Posts: 13,505
Yo clean, isn't that your size?
__________________
🏻*
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:08 AM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Yo clean, isn't that your size?
Nah, bit small - but I'm thinking about getting a 650b gravel-packing rough-stuff rig from Aaron in 2019..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.