Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > The Showcase

Old 03-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
Big lugs, 46mm HT, 44mm DT
Why?
Kicks and giggles and to sate creativity needs. If you like a firm pedal under your foot and you need lugs...................

When do you expect Mega Lugs will be available?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:45 PM

Stunning and a great read! Lovely to see the process and the frames take shape. Inspirational!!
Old 03-10-2018, 07:08 PM

Awesome Dazza!
Old 05-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Vendor

Lugged Colossus

Painted, assembled, exhibited at the 2018 Handmade Bicycle Show Australia gig. Wayne collected his stead on Sunday, home to Western Australia. Happy chappie!

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 05-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Vendor

The Love of the 2018 HBSA gig

I have attended four shows in the USA and two in the UK and also the first Aussie show iteration in 2012 which is the show that proved to many of us that an Aussie show has value and is sorely needed down here. I can in full honesty say that the vibe and value of the 2018 HBSA gig that was built on the pioneering 2012 gig is already for me Number 1 of all time.

The removal of show booth war fare extravaganza bull **** that goes on at other shows facilitates and ensures that the spot light is focused and maintained without distraction on the makers and their bikes and or products they make.

That was the intent Ewen Gellie, myself and others desired and the show organisers recognised the value of this.
No effing dioramas, imitation workshops, or 3.5 tons of timber erected in a booth to look like a log cabin…….. Sigh!
The vibe, the process was as if you are at the Tate gazing at a Turner or a Constable. Appreciating the product, conversing with the maker rather than the shallow “Wow” of a conspicuous marketing budget.
Space around the bikes and products, no walls, no banners was very important. Every bike was displayed on the same show provided plinths. The punters appreciated this and so did the exhibitors. If you were there, you would know that it worked splendidly.

The choice of 1, 2 or 3 bike display price options assists the exhibitor to fit their level of expenditure and or level of production. These aspects worked extremely well. I will not be surprised if we see other shows travel down this route. I never build show bike nonsense, I take brand new un ridden customer bikes to shows and sometimes I have a new prototype display bike of a new model or using a new lug design. My three bikes at the recent HBSA gig were all new client bikes. The Saturday night evening dinner for the exhibitors and punters who wanted to be with the makers in the pub next door was a cacophony of high spirits with a decent mix of pragmatic business chat along with the sharing of knowledge and ideas. It was the best get together that I have ever seen at any show I have attended. The show venue only used 50% of the available floor space, so the there is room to expand in the years to come. Michael and Nathon who are the show organisers are very astute professional operators, genuinely caring, observant and they listen and communicate very well. They understood the needs and possible needs of the show in the future and recognise what this niche scene is really about and what it needs. We are very fortunate that the connection with M and N were made. Ewen, myself and others recognise that the HBSA is a valuable vehicle to ensure we stay relevant and appreciated in the market place here down under and also overseas. This show has already given my brand great value and the other exhibitors I have spoken to have expressed the same positive reactions and experiences. I want to add that Ewen and myself have no financial involvement with the show and we paid full $ for our space just like everyone else.
It was all good ! Roll on HBSA 2019.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 05-11-2018, 09:08 PM
ZhugeLiang

Good points, Dazza pal.

Hey, I spotted a familiar figure in one of the pictures. Is that my pal Ginger? Haven't seen her in ages since our Finger Lake gathering at DBRK. Please convey my regards.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Vendor

Ginger at the HBSA gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Good points, Dazza pal.

Hey, I spotted a familiar figure in one of the pictures. Is that my pal Ginger? Haven't seen her in ages since our Finger Lake gathering at DBRK. Please convey my regards.
Ginger (MAM) speaks highly of her rides and her pals, she misses those rides. I will pass on the message. Pic below of the show and Ginger in Blue.

www.llewellynbikes.com
Old 05-12-2018, 05:31 PM
ZhugeLiang

A walk down the history lane...

Old 06-07-2018, 11:26 AM

Love the green bike.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Vendor

Matt captures the story
"The customer is making a connection with the builder."

Lugged Colossus

www.llewellynbikes.com

Last edited by Dazza; 08-30-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:47 AM

Dazza.... that is dazzling.

Amazing piece of work.. way above your normal work which has always been top notch. But this piece is your magnum opus, it is, in the old sense, your masterpiece.

I can't appreciate it all but have a sense of the angst and the love and the devotion to craft and that is a rare wonderous thing in today's world.

I love the clean clean font of your moniker on the down tube and the head tube. It provides such an interesting mix of modern and classic. Also, just love the little details on this bike like the little stainless (?) or polished bars to keep from cable rub on the head tube.

Bravissimo, master.