Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2019, 07:31 AM
aka RAEKWON

well, I guess we were all wrong

https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/sale/c...erm=Shop%20now

some good deals. I bought the winter wind jacket (which to me is the best piece of winter kit I have ever had) on sale for $180 at the end of winter and looks like I should have waited.

Not a lot of summer sales stuff but a lot of good stuff.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:19 AM
v a n i l l a

is it just me or does anyone get irritated seeing a great price on an item, only to find that price is only for that color ....and the color I want is not on sale.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
is it just me or does anyone get irritated seeing a great price on an item, only to find that price is only for that color ....and the color I want is not on sale.
Nope me too. Its very annoying.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:25 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
I could understand "disappointed" but not "irritated" -- you should expect this by now, they're very consistent. The sales are to clear out items that haven't been selling, and presumably your color choices are the popular ones so have either sold out or are never discounted. E.g., you can almost guarantee that, no matter the item, black will not be on sale.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 PM

What, you don't like "Dusty Pink". Dear God. Some of the colors ways this year...and I LIKE pink.
Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 02:39 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
I could understand "disappointed" but not "irritated" -- you should expect this by now, they're very consistent. The sales are to clear out items that haven't been selling, and presumably your color choices are the popular ones so have either sold out or are never discounted. E.g., you can almost guarantee that, no matter the item, black will not be on sale.

Both. I know that's how they do things. Consistent for the past few years.

I would just prefer they don't commingle sale items colors with non sale items colors in the same link
Old 06-27-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cderalow View Post
i find the fit of the few core pieces i have to not be as good as the classic or pro-team stuff. the two core jerseys i have seem short in the torso normally for me and ride up over bibs, so they never get worn.
The Core jerseys were just refreshed recently and are not only less expensive but cut better and of a nicer fabric. Worth another shot. The Pro Team Training jersey for $115 is probably the best bargain though.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:51 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
The Core jerseys were just refreshed recently and are not only less expensive but cut better and of a nicer fabric. Worth another shot. The Pro Team Training jersey for $115 is probably the best bargain though.
good to know. I have an older Core Jersey and I agree with the sentiment that the cut is not as good as classic, bunches up in a bunch of places. I should probably pick another up for $63 but I also just bought one of those lightweight classic jerseys and its pretty fantastic for summer so I don't think I need anything else.