Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2019, 03:24 PM

I've been enjoying the Niche Zero as well.

Noise was a definite criteria and while the Niche is not whisper quiet like the Eureka Atom, it's a world away from the Sette, which while a low retention value grinder is remarkably loud . For comparison, the Niche is also noticeably quieter than a Baratza Vario/Encore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydhest View Post

I am intrigued as it is supposed to be quiet. I make at most 4 shots a day, but they are before everyone else in the Manhattan apartment are awake. I need a quieter grinder than my Mazzer Mini.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortribs View Post
I've been enjoying the Niche Zero as well.

Noise was a definite criteria and while the Niche is not whisper quiet like the Eureka Atom, it's a world away from the Sette, which while a low retention value grinder is remarkably loud . For comparison, the Niche is also noticeably quieter than a Baratza Vario/Encore.
could you comment on a) build quality and b) whether they could deliver a product?

Those are basically my main reservations, as there a) is no long-term track record of performance and b) indiegogo thing is a donation, not a purchase.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:28 PM

Thanks. That's good info.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:53 PM

For me, with exception of the Lexan polycarbonate lid, there is a reassuring heft to the build. Would I rather it be built like a Monolith or a commercial Malkohnig? Sure.

The first few runs were UK made, which was enough for me to go with the donation platform, though I believe the are transitioning production to the far east.

Here's a detailed write up which may be of relevance:
https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/wp-con...ero-review.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
could you comment on a) build quality and b) whether they could deliver a product?

Those are basically my main reservations, as there a) is no long-term track record of performance and b) indiegogo thing is a donation, not a purchase.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:56 PM

There is a very lengthy write up on the home barista forum on the niche. They love it.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortribs View Post
For me, with exception of the Lexan polycarbonate lid, there is a reassuring heft to the build. Would I rather it be built like a Monolith or a commercial Malkohnig? Sure.

The first few runs were UK made, which was enough for me to go with the donation platform, though I believe the are transitioning production to the far east.

Here's a detailed write up which may be of relevance:
https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/wp-con...ero-review.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa86 View Post
There is a very lengthy write up on the home barista forum on the niche. They love it.
thanks for the info