Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2019, 06:24 PM

I still can't believe that people like Bourbon, this from a KY resident. A local bottling company that we do work for contracts their own "recipe" some is now 10 -12 years old and apparently pretty good. Calumet is the name.

www.westernspirits.com
Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheung View Post
But there's so many good whiskey labels, not worth spending large amounts of money on Pappy...
+1...Pappys is good stuff, but there are MUCH better bourbons out there for a lot less $ (e.g. Michters 10 year, Rowan’s Creek, Colonel Taylor). I will applaud Pappy on their marketing and their “limited production” that has resulted in artificial demand for their product. Don’t get caught up in the hype, go out and taste others and let ur palate guide u, not the marketing.

Last edited by lhuerta; 08-06-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuerta View Post
+1...Pappys is good stuff, but there are MUCH better bourbons out there for a lot less $ (e.g. Michters 10 year, Rowan’s Creek, Colonel Taylor). I will applaud Pappy on their marketing and their “limited production” that has resulted in artificial demand for their product. Don’t get caught up in the hype, go out and taste others and let ur palate guide u, not the marketing.
In the same vein, who needs to work hard for bourbon when the Scottish are still making single malts? Oban 14 and Lagavulin 16 can be had at *Costco*, fer heaven's sake, and they're wonderful. Aberlour 18 is my all time favorite, and after a recent trip to Scotland we developed a fondness for Clynelish 14 as well.

The distillers have ensured these excellent products are all readily available with a minimum of fuss. I like it when the distillers work hard for *me*.