Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Old 11-25-2018, 04:34 AM
Vendor

Cima Coppi / Everjourn Thanksgiving Sale

This is a bit of a copy/paste (now with more pictures!) from the merino jerseys thread going, as some very generous individuals here had said these very kind words. Thank you!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post

The gold standard for me is Cima Coppi. Lawrence, the owner, is a forum member. They will do custom mods to their standard jerseys...both size and color....for not much more money than anyone else's off the rack. And if you want full custom they will do that as well. They made this one for me last year, it was the very first one that they made with front pockets and a collar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
Plus 1000. Cima Coppi. Easily amongst the best Merino jerseys I’ve ever had. Great fit, well made. Can’t say enough good things about them. Really like their light weight Merino model.
Because of that, I'm sparing you my normal opinions on the superiority of 10spd Campagnolo, tire pressure and whatever other shizz I normally post here and instead letting you all know about our sale and new things!:

It's all happening at our new sister-brand store Everjourn. Quick link to the sale here:https://everjourn.com/en/winter-sale

AND, our exclusive for paceline forum members there is a -20% discount on our Bikepacking and Ranger merino jerseys, again lightweight 97% merino using the code: PACE20 here:https://everjourn.com/en/44-bikewear

(here begins cut+paste... below pics!)
Lastly, you're probably asking, what the heck is Everjourn? Everjourn is cycling, bikepacking, hiking and camping gear from natural materials. Also, accessories we love. It's ready to wear (non-custom), new materials, colors and experiments - it's a place where we can play and experiment.

Cima Coppi Custom, is the same as ever, but better than ever, because we're really focusing on increasing our custom abilities with Cima Coppi - to be able to provide more service to realize your dream merino jerseys.

Again, and always.... thank you for your support on this thanksgiving weekend! Here is a bit of what you can find over at our new shop Everjourn in the "bike" section:

Follow us on Instagram, yo! @Everjourn

Last edited by rain dogs; 11-25-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:53 PM

Really love the gilet! Can you tell us a little more about the waxed canvas as a material and contrast that to the kind of synthetic vests we have experience with? Interested in your impressions and the different feel you were looking to achieve.

Personally, I liked the wind proof nature and light feel of the synthetic vest but only during actual riding. If my pace slowed or I was off the bike they were really lousy for keeping me warm.

Also really like the longer sleeves on the ranger series. Nice work man!

Old 11-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Vendor

Hey Tim,

For sure. Two main departure points for the design:
1. A functional gilet for everything that isn't 'windtunnel' riding. That can be up to high intensity to bikepacking to everyday urban. I used it the other day in a 90km local gravel 'race/not/race' so intensity is fine.

2. Functional natural materials. That is: provide breatheability, water resistance and wind proof protection in a lightweight shell with subtle reflective details in a package that can be easily rolled up and fit in a jersey pocket.

The gilet is made from an ultra/high density woven cotton, similar to what the military would have used decades ago, but now, with modern production you can get it in a 4oz textile weight, which makes for a comparably light shell garment, mine weighs 155g. in a medium. It's impregnated with a hybrid natural/parafin based wax that is machine washable and doesn't transfer onto other clothing. YKK assymetrical zips and chest pocket on the mens, back pocket on the womens.

But larger than all of that tech is that this actually is a piece of clothing, performance clothing sure, but it's not just "plastic bike kit" that goes on when your clipless shoes do... it can can and does of course, but it's a versatile piece ready for all types of riding.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:39 AM

Love it! Will place an order for one - I still wear my long sleeve regularly and wear my winter cap DAILY.

Still scheming of ways to visit you both in Oviedo - next year we're planning a Denmark and Norway visit so it'll have to be sometime 2020 +. Perhaps catch a Vuelta stage with you!