Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Who's Lavender Serotta is this?

I was cruising my archive of saved bike images and came across this one.

I stupidly passed when this crossed my inbox for sale a couple years ago. Guess the timing was wrong. Wondering if she's still floating around the forum?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4349717086_7d9de2882e.jpeg (117.1 KB, 661 views)
File Type: jpeg 4349726550_63ae4d3a06.jpeg (85.0 KB, 661 views)
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Search "lavender" in the classifieds. Thread about Madison Craigslist.

Jeff
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM

if you like lavender

there is a gorgeous dark lavender lugged Glenn Erickson bike at Recycled Cycles in Seattle for $900. It likely early 80's vintage, probably SL tubing. 61 cm square, all campy, 5 speed rear cog, campy hubs on tubular wheels, toe straps etc. (the campy parts are worth $900 on ebay easily)

This frame appears to be unridden, even the paint on the dropouts is chip-free. For those not in the know, Erickson is one of the old school builders (think eisentraut, etc). He stopped building some years back but still runs a bike touring company
Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one60 View Post
there is a gorgeous dark lavender lugged Glenn Erickson bike at Recycled Cycles in Seattle for $900. It likely early 80's vintage, probably SL tubing. 61 cm square, all campy, 5 speed rear cog, campy hubs on tubular wheels, toe straps etc. (the campy parts are worth $900 on ebay easily)

This frame appears to be unridden, even the paint on the dropouts is chip-free. For those not in the know, Erickson is one of the old school builders (think eisentraut, etc). He stopped building some years back but still runs a bike touring company
I would love to see that bike since it is my size, but I am on the wrong side of the country. We have done an Erickson tour in the past and hope to do one next year. Glenn is a great guy and builds a good looking bike.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Think this is the frameset that 'danksteez' bought from 'Nautilus' a few yrs ago. He may have subsequently sold it on CL.

'83 Club Special, brazed by Ben, IIRC...
Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwart View Post
He may have subsequently sold it on CL.
Bummer was hoping it might turn up. My first true road bike was a lavender Peugeot many years back. I think its a nostalgia thing...
Old 01-21-2014, 11:57 AM

I don't know how I came across this thread, but it makes me think it'd be fun to have a 'regrets for not buying where is it now' thread. Basically, we post bikes that we wanted to buy but never had the $$ or space or ?? to follow through on. Who knows, we might post a bike and the owner chimes in that they're ready to sell

I, for one, have a regret of a missed opportunity to buy a Kirk frameset that I was lucky enough to actually ride about three years ago. It fit like a dream, was offered to me by my buddy who loaned it to me and I had to pass. It was then sold and is hopefully being enjoyed ?!

Back on topic , awesome Serotta!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Daniel

Lovely color.

Re: Who's and Whose:

This is one of those cases where it is important to remember that possessive pronouns never take apostrophes, even though possessive nouns do (see it’s/its). “Who’s” always and forever means only “who is,” as in “Who’s that guy with the droopy mustache?” or “who has,” as in “Who’s been eating my porridge?” “Whose” is the possessive form of “who” and is used as follows: “Whose dirty socks are these on the breakfast table?”

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/who's.html
Old 01-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559Rando View Post
Lovely color.

Re: Who's and Whose:

This is one of those cases where it is important to remember that possessive pronouns never take apostrophes, even though possessive nouns do (see it’s/its). “Who’s” always and forever means only “who is,” as in “Who’s that guy with the droopy mustache?” or “who has,” as in “Who’s been eating my porridge?” “Whose” is the possessive form of “who” and is used as follows: “Whose dirty socks are these on the breakfast table?”

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/who's.html
Just like Wheeze and we's.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Of course, "Who's" would work in the possessive if one's name is Who, as in "Cindy Lou Who's ornament."

Re the lavender paint, it is a beautiful color. I think Saratoga Frameworks recently refinished a frame in that color—the before and after photos are on their website.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Who hoo for Cindy Lou who's wanting to know whose lavender Serotta this is?

Clear?