Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post
Hey folks!

We are currently camped on the Trinity river just outside Douglas city, CA...heading to some mtb trails south of Shasta tomorrow, then up to Burney (fly fishing) before turning south to Lassen NP on to Yosemite via Reno before looping back to Sacramento around the 17th, where we will be until November.

From there its over to SF to high five some pals then back south through Kings canyon/Sequoia (weather permitting...) and back into the salvation of the warmer SW for a month or so before heading back east (through northern AZ/NM/TX mostly likely) in time for the holidays.

Give me a shout if your on the way and hopefully we can link up for a ride/coffee/beer or somethin!
When you make it back to SD, I'll buy you a beer!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:27 AM

If you're on 101 between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, give a shout. Can offer easy overnight parking, shower, laundry, WiFi, etc. And great road riding or at least a local beer.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Hey folks!

We are currently camped on the Trinity river just outside Douglas city, CA...heading to some mtb trails south of Shasta tomorrow, then up to Burney (fly fishing) before turning south to Lassen NP on to Yosemite via Reno before looping back to Sacramento around the 17th, where we will be until November.

From there its over to SF to high five some pals then back south through Kings canyon/Sequoia (weather permitting...) and back into the salvation of the warmer SW for a month or so before heading back east (through northern AZ/NM/TX mostly likely) in time for the holidays.

Give me a shout if your on the way and hopefully we can link up for a ride/coffee/beer or somethin!
Are you bypassing Los Angeles-SoCal altogether?
Old 10-04-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Hey folks!

November is a busy month for me but down to meet up when you’re in the SF area! Tacos and beers etc
Old 10-04-2019, 01:06 PM

You should check out the Paul Components Open House in Chico on October 19th!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:22 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:

Lassen: Bumpass Hell gets all the visits because it's easy and close but if you want to see it the way it was when discovered go out to Devil's Kitchen. You have more time? go hike the Cinder Cone.

From Reno to Yosemite: The Mobil One gas station at Lee Vining 120/395 has worth-stopping-for tacqueria in it "whoa nellie deli"
Old 10-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
Are you bypassing Los Angeles-SoCal altogether?
We were there in Feb(San Diego) and March (SE SoCal and just sorta in and out of the LA area though, spent a week at a friend's in thousand oaks).

Might be back in SD before heading east, not sure yet. California is a relatively hard place to afford (gas prices) and hard to find places to stay (that are free and not trashed) near city centers. This goes for most cities though, in any state. We try to stick to national forests whenever possible (way more for us to see and do) as hanging out in cities just means going out to eat/drink...which is fine when you've got full time employment...but I'll be entering my 3rd year of unemployment come January
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
If you're on 101 between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, give a shout. Can offer easy overnight parking, shower, laundry, WiFi, etc. And great road riding or at least a local beer.
Thanks for the offer! Marked in my maps app, will get in touch if we are ever nearby!

Last edited by eBAUMANN; 10-04-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:09 PM

I'm on your way from Reno to Sac--SF. You are welcome to park your van on my 10ac for as long as you'd like. Lots of MTB and nice rural roads around. Otherwise, there are a number of forumites in the greater area and I'm sure we could arrange a nice meal and brew together around Sac when you pass thru.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:17 PM

No Cal tribe

Yes Eric perhaps Ari and I could
join the fun!
Old 10-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Imshi Cycles

Hey everyone! Looks like we will be at the Paul Comp Open house this Saturday 10/19!

Driving up to Chico either straight from Yosemite with a stop in the middle (in the van) OR heading to Sacramento first to drop the van at a friend's and carpool up with them.

Anyone else gonna be there?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 AM

did i spot the van on the PCH near santa barbara yesterday??
Old 10-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmradio516 View Post
did i spot the van on the PCH near santa barbara yesterday??
Not us! In Yosemite all day.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Imshi Cycles

hey folks! we are in Mammoth Lakes, CA!

we are continuing our way south (probably not back over to the coast though) down to sequoia NP area and then bending east through vegas, flagstaff, sedona, abq, santa fe, amarillo...arkansas, nashville, ?, Cincinnati, ?...its still a little rough, mainly drawn around seeing a few friends along the way.

gonna be a heavily weather dependent route with no real timetable other then getting back east about a month from today.

hope you guys are all doing well and as always, gimme a shout if you are anywhere nearby!