Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Everything is connected

Hincapie closeouts

Great deals on some Hincapie closeout vests and other items. Nice people (Shane) to deal with too.

www.classiccycling.com
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM

Didn't Kirk Flinte of Hincapie Sportswear tweet/start the rumor about Tyler Hamilton:

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2009/3/23/...on-rumored-dop

http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 AM

What does that have to do with anything?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 AM

Kirk Flinte runs/manages Hincapie's website. There is a post above citing that Hincapie wear is on sale and they're great to deal with. Maybe having the cat who runs the Hincapie website Tweeting accusations/rumors about Tyler Hamilton testing positive at ToC isn't so nice. And if it's not so nice, then maybe Hicapie Wear isn't a place to spend one's money.

1+1 = 2

Flinte deleted his Tweet, but words are funny like that.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 PM

Is Hincapie clothing good for people built like George? e.g. I am 6'3", 172 lbs. I find Castelli XL jerseys and jackets work for me and the sleeves are long enough. Biemme and Etxe Ondo not so much.

Any other recommendations for us tall skinny types? Especially in bibs, where the consequences of the wrong choice can be severe...

Ron
Old 03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Veni Veloce Vomiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW87
Is Hincapie clothing good for people built like George? e.g. I am 6'3", 172 lbs. I find Castelli XL jerseys and jackets work for me and the sleeves are long enough. Biemme and Etxe Ondo not so much.

Any other recommendations for us tall skinny types? Especially in bibs, where the consequences of the wrong choice can be severe...

Ron
Yes, re: tall-ish cut. I usually wear Euro Medium jerseys, and I had to go to a Large for it to fit right. The bib shorts are only a 'bit' longish,, nothing too bad. I still took a medium in the bibs, just like my other shorts.

The jerseys are pretty technical and wick very well. The chamois pads are very nice.

Mike in AR
Old 03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Everything is connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Kirk Flinte runs/manages Hincapie's website. There is a post above citing that Hincapie wear is on sale and they're great to deal with. Maybe having the cat who runs the Hincapie website Tweeting accusations/rumors about Tyler Hamilton testing positive at ToC isn't so nice. And if it's not so nice, then maybe Hicapie Wear isn't a place to spend one's money.

1+1 = 2

Flinte deleted his Tweet, but words are funny like that.
http://twitter.com/rockracing

Rock made mention of the rumor and it looks like they removed the post as well. I still like the vests.

Last edited by rwsaunders; 03-27-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:31 PM
rangzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders
Great deals on some Hincapie closeout vests and other items. Nice people (Shane) to deal with too.

www.classiccycling.com
I bought a pair of bib shorts from this guy last week via his ebay site. Great customer service.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM

Tall & Skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW87

Ron
Ron, I feel your pain. I'm the same dimensions as you (6 ft. 3 in. 175) and finding bib shorts that fit is very difficult. I usually have to purchase XL, just to get the shorts to be long enough. Short shorts on a 36-inch inseam look sorta stupid. And I agree; Castelli's have fit me, especially in length. So have Campagnolo's bibs.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:31 PM

I bought three pair of hincapie shorts in 2003 and they were very well made and comfortable. I just recently tossed the last pair after the chamois wore out.

I just got two pair of twin six bibs. They are some of the longest bibs I have ever worn. I am just under 6'2" and I like longer shorts here in the PNW. I tend to flip the hem up in the summer, but this time of year long shorts plus knee warmers are the way to go. The twin sixes are $90 from the twinsix website.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill
I bought three pair of hincapie shorts in 2003 and they were very well made and comfortable. I just recently tossed the last pair after the chamois wore out.

I just got two pair of twin six bibs. They are some of the longest bibs I have ever worn. I am just under 6'2" and I like longer shorts here in the PNW. I tend to flip the hem up in the summer, but this time of year long shorts plus knee warmers are the way to go. The twin sixes are $90 from the twinsix website.

I'll check 'em out. Thanks, BigBill