Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2024, 11:17 AM

Tapatalk access

Hello,

For the last few weeks when trying to access the forum via Tapatalk, I get an almost blank screen with the following msg:

“Security error (user may not have permissions to access this feature). Open in browser”.

My usual work around to log into Paceline on Tapatalk doesn’t work anymore. I tried quickly searching on the General forum for any information, without much luck.

Best,
Alex
Old 03-06-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by many_styles View Post
Hello,

For the last few weeks when trying to access the forum via Tapatalk, I get an almost blank screen with the following msg:

“Security error (user may not have permissions to access this feature). Open in browser”.

My usual work around to log into Paceline on Tapatalk doesn’t work anymore. I tried quickly searching on the General forum for any information, without much luck.

Best,
Alex

Same thing here.

It resolved next day and I could get in, although only through the work around hack previously described here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2024, 11:36 AM

The reason this is happening now is because for security concerns Admin blocked access to the forum to the general public. Thus if not logged in Tapatalk cannot access the content.

The work around: go to your PMs, click on one, you will be prompted to login. Then go to the main page, refresh and Paceline should appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-06-2024, 01:16 PM

I thought this forum cut ties with Tapatalk a while back so I deleted the forum from that app. I just tried to find it by searching for "Paceline" and cannot find it. Any ideas why?
Old 03-06-2024, 01:22 PM

Not sure why it indeed does not come up on searches, but if you can still see any PMs or content, you may be able to login. Once you log in, it shows up in the front page, that is until the app logs you out, which is frequently and annoying.

Otherwise, unfortunately it is not accessible anymore from scratch

I wish it could be fixed or a similar app be available. Tapatalk is great for mobile browsing and also for posting pictures, which is a great help
Old 03-06-2024, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
The reason this is happening now is because for security concerns Admin blocked access to the forum to the general public. Thus if not logged in Tapatalk cannot access the content.

The work around: go to your PMs, click on one, you will be prompted to login. Then go to the main page, refresh and Paceline should appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great, thanks for this tip! Previously all I had to do is click on an updated thread I followed and logged in that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2024, 06:29 PM

Happy to report that I sent a message through the Tapatalk app to their help desk and they added back to my dashboard!
Old 03-07-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJohnny View Post
Not sure why it indeed does not come up on searches, but if you can still see any PMs or content, you may be able to login. Once you log in, it shows up in the front page, that is until the app logs you out, which is frequently and annoying.

Otherwise, unfortunately it is not accessible anymore from scratch

I wish it could be fixed or a similar app be available. Tapatalk is great for mobile browsing and also for posting pictures, which is a great help
I haven’t gotten this to work the way you posted.
It tough using this forum with it really old software on a phone.