Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2024, 09:57 AM

Ah I thought you meant this particular red and white Red Sky Pro has been floating around all those years.

I saw them at the store, etc.. just haven't run into anyone JRA with one.

But as I mentioned I am seeing way fewer people JRA anymore so who knows.

I see groups when I go mountain biking but road groups are becoming scarce.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
Ah I thought you meant this particular red and white Red Sky Pro has been floating around all those years.
Yes, this exact one pictured in the OP and on the website has been around for several years. It was the first one produced under the new model name and belongs to Patria.

She did ride it often but as you suggested every time she gets a new bike that becomes a promo for RSC and Seven so she tends to ride the newest one the most often. I know she personally owns several bikes and would often choose a bike based on need: RedSky for Road, Evergreen for Gravel, Treeline for snow/sand, etc.

I'll be honest, I am biased. I really like Patria and really love my Axiom SL mid-reach. I am sorry RSC/RHQ fell victim to the pandemic and the lack of good mechanics and fitters in the Boston area. *

* One could blame Craig Gualzetti as he "stole" Jeff from RSC and the two of them went out to CA and started a shop...and then unfortunately that closed as well.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM

I absolutely love my RedSky SL. I was originally planning on an Axiom with standard reach brakes and 28c tires, but Patria sold me on the mid-reach RedSky. I’m glad she did. I generally use 32c tires but often switch to 35c for light gravel and dirt roads. My goal was a bike with comfort for long rides and it has been great for 200, 300, and 400k brevets. I have been using the VO brakes which work well, but just got a set of the TRP 957 calipers to compare.

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3579.jpg (136.6 KB, 154 views)
Old 04-02-2024, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Maine View Post
I absolutely love my RedSky SL. I was originally planning on an Axiom with standard reach brakes and 28c tires, but Patria sold me on the mid-reach RedSky. I’m glad she did. I generally use 32c tires but often switch to 35c for light gravel and dirt roads. My goal was a bike with comfort for long rides and it has been great for 200, 300, and 400k brevets. I have been using the VO brakes which work well, but just got a set of the TRP 957 calipers to compare.

David
So funny...I have that same exact pump on my Axiom SL mid-reach brake bike. Did you go for the pump peg?

I also did the brushed graphics. On the inside of one seatstay it reads "Designed by Rob V." and on the other it reads "Welded by Stef". I really wanted to let them know how much I appreciated all the time they spent with me on the design (Rob V.) and welding (I got to see some of my frame being welded by Stef).

Please let me/us know how the brakes compare. Patria/RSC and Rob/Seven really pushed me on using the VO-GC brakes because they had not yet used the TRPs but I said I really wanted to try them.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
So funny...I have that same exact pump on my Axiom SL mid-reach brake bike. Did you go for the pump peg?

I also did the brushed graphics. On the inside of one seatstay it reads "Designed by Rob V." and on the other it reads "Welded by Stef". I really wanted to let them know how much I appreciated all the time they spent with me on the design (Rob V.) and welding (I got to see some of my frame being welded by Stef).

Please let me/us know how the brakes compare. Patria/RSC and Rob/Seven really pushed me on using the VO-GC brakes because they had not yet used the TRPs but I said I really wanted to try them.
My experience working with Patria and Seven was excellent. I even got a tour of the factory and met Stef and others. Very cool. Yes on the pump peg. I will report back on the brakes once I get around to swapping. I remember reading about your bike journey on V salon — glad it all worked out for you.

David
Old 04-02-2024, 08:50 PM

My 7 year old Seven (Redsky).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (146.6 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by wc1934; 04-02-2024 at 08:52 PM. Reason: .
Old 04-07-2024, 09:17 AM
Pack fill

Nice bike Congratulations, good find for you!
Old 04-07-2024, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
My 7 year old Seven (Redsky).
Very nice bike--love the matching brown leather trim/saddle