Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2021, 10:22 PM
Vendor

OT: 2021/22 NBA Season started

Nets v Bucks
Warriors v Lakers

I'm kind of glad the Bucks won. It was a decent game and was pretty active for the first game of the season.

The Warriors are making me lose my voice, turnovers, easy misses, fouls, and just crazy plays in general. LOTS of fouls that were never called. LBJ almost gouged out Damien Lees eye. Dude has a cut on his nose from LBJ reaching in to his face, nowhere near the ball by the way.

Lakers are up at the half but i'm not surprised given he's got 6 hall of famers on the team right now. Funny how no one is commenting about him building a superteam.

Last edited by Velocipede; 10-19-2021 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:39 PM

Lakers fans on meltdown losing to a Warriors team that has a bench filled out by G-leaguers
Old 10-19-2021, 11:46 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabuyo View Post
Lakers fans on meltdown losing to a Warriors team that has a bench filled out by G-leaguers
LBJ had a meltdown too. Ran off before the game ended. Constantly whining about literally everything. Ball goes off his leg, blames everyone else.

Good game tho.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:50 PM

To imagine the Warriors are still missing Wiseman and Klay......
Old 10-20-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
To imagine the Warriors are still missing Wiseman and Klay......
Yeah, disappointed to find out yesterday Klay isn’t expected back until December. I’m curious to see how W’s will look with him. A lot of people are pretty high on the Warriors this season but my expectations are lower.

Lakers have the look of a thrown together hodge podge of players, which I guess is kind of what they are. It takes a while for new teammates to get into a groove, so maybe they’ll click before long, but I think Barkley was right in that the Lakers will only go as far as AD carries them. I’m going to Lakers Grizzlies on Sunday; pretty pumped to see some live NBA. It’s been a while.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:42 AM

Gotta love Enes Kanter.

As least I do.

He’s been outspoken against his home country’s president (Erdogan) and now he’s rocking “Free Tibet” sneakers; potentially costing the NBA millions of dollars in revenue.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/10/22/b...hnk/index.html
Old 10-22-2021, 10:03 AM

Warriors moved the ball so nicely a few times in that game vs. LAL, then Steph was a beast last night vs. Clippers. Paul George is crazy smooth, so if KL comes back later in the season, we have quite a few contenders in the West.

LeBron was pretty impressive through at least 3 quarters of play. Russ is notoriously a slow starter, but frankly he looks more like an offensive liability out there at this point! He's not going to be that old OKC Russ.

Lakers crippled with injuries to the younger guys while the older guys are doing much better than we could have imagined (save for Westbrook).

And what happened to the Bucks last night vs. Miami? They lost by around 30 after a stellar opening night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Yeah, disappointed to find out yesterday Klay isn’t expected back until December. I’m curious to see how W’s will look with him. A lot of people are pretty high on the Warriors this season but my expectations are lower.

Lakers have the look of a thrown together hodge podge of players, which I guess is kind of what they are. It takes a while for new teammates to get into a groove, so maybe they’ll click before long, but I think Barkley was right in that the Lakers will only go as far as AD carries them. I’m going to Lakers Grizzlies on Sunday; pretty pumped to see some live NBA. It’s been a while.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:38 PM

Knicks/Celtics double OT was a great game to start the season (wish the final score was different).
Old 10-22-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasse View Post
Warriors moved the ball so nicely a few times in that game vs. LAL, then Steph was a beast last night vs. Clippers. Paul George is crazy smooth, so if KL comes back later in the season, we have quite a few contenders in the West.

LeBron was pretty impressive through at least 3 quarters of play. Russ is notoriously a slow starter, but frankly he looks more like an offensive liability out there at this point! He's not going to be that old OKC Russ.

Lakers crippled with injuries to the younger guys while the older guys are doing much better than we could have imagined (save for Westbrook).

And what happened to the Bucks last night vs. Miami? They lost by around 30 after a stellar opening night.

Giannis is a transcendent talent. But is among the most “watchable” players? Not in my book. Give me Steph, the Joker, Doncic, LaMelo, and maybe Ja or Trae. Kyrie would be in there, too, except he fell off the edges of the Earth.
Old 12-10-2021, 01:06 PM

Good season so far. Lakers lost to a Grizz team withOUT Morant last night. They are in a "must win" vs. OKC after blowing the first two games against them.

Warriors look like clear favorites. When is Klay coming back?
Old 12-10-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Good season so far. Lakers lost to a Grizz team withOUT Morant last night. They are in a "must win" vs. OKC after blowing the first two games against them.

Warriors look like clear favorites. When is Klay coming back?
Agreed. Looks like my misgivings about the Warriors were misplaced;I’m really impressed with them. OTOH, Lakers - phew, maybe even worse than I expected! Kudos to the Wiz for engineering that Westbrook trade. They made out like bandits.

The Ja Morant injury has shown what a deep team the Griz have. Dillon Brooks missed the first month of the season and his return has really helped them tighten up their defense. The Valanciunas - Adams trade was a head scratcher but besides that they’re running a taut ship there.

Off court shenanigans with the Simmons, Kyrie, Lillard (and associated Blazers implosion) trade speculation has been fun to track too.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Off court shenanigans with the Simmons, Kyrie, Lillard (and associated Blazers implosion) trade speculation has been fun to track too.
Blazers situation is wild. Dame has to 'ask out' but he will look like a hypocrite if he does that now. Maybe he should team up with Ben Simmons and Kyrie. Ha!
Old 12-10-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Blazers situation is wild. Dame has to 'ask out' but he will look like a hypocrite if he does that now. Maybe he should team up with Ben Simmons and Kyrie. Ha!
Just wait until the Lebron trade speculation mill starts turning.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
The worst thing that happened to the Blazers was to make it to the 2019 (?) WCF and think that meant they were contenders. They got a favorable draw, read too much into beating a very young Nuggets team in a razor thin series that didn't truly test their weaknesses and ignored how badly they got housed by the Dubs (without KD!). The simple fact is that it's nearly impossible to build a championship level defense with two small guards at the point of attack unless you have Gobert or Draymond or Myles Turner guarding the rim. Drop coverage with Jusuf Nurkic stumbling around back there ain't gonna get it done, regardless of coach or scheme. The Dame-era Blazers have always been good, but they got lucky and thought that meant they were great.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Just wait until the Lebron trade speculation mill starts turning.
LeBron's not going anywhere, but as GM of the Lakers, he might decide to send his teammates elsewhere.

I don't think they have any actual tradable assets beyond Talen Horton-Tucker though.