Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM

This morning I finally got out on the 2006 Look 555 I picked up last weekend. Still some things to sort out on it but to be honest all the mechanical's worked fine.

Still some color but it was chilly even at noon!

17.5 lbs as built for now with mostly 10 speed Ultegra. The wheelset is one set of the 2 sets I picked up this week from a local biker. I put new Veloflex Corsa 700 x 25 tires on them for this bike.

Nice views along the beach today

In the town of Huntsville

Old barn

Another shot of the Look

Old cabin at the edge of Huntsville

More reflections
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Vendor

James, "More Reflections" and "Old Cabin" are both phenomenal. What kind of camera are you using to take all these great shots? I'm also curious to know your history with photography...I don't mean to knock anyone else on this forum, because there are lots of really nice pictures being posted by everyone in this thread, but yours are consistently a cut above most.

Meanwhile...I went for my first 'dark-to-light' right in a while, getting out well before sunrise and climbing blue mountain as the sun climbed the Northern Hemisphere.
The foliage on Blue Mountain, especially the lower half, is at peak. The foliage at the peak of blue mountain is not at peak, but still definitely above the lower half as far as average foliage colors go. Ya following?
[IMG]Untitled by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]

In other news, Hume Road, having been paved earlier this year, is a holistic slice of cycling heaven, from the surface to the scenery. I love this barn shot, how the road ripples like a ribbon in the wind. The birds on top of the barn are a nice little bonus detail.

And this, if this doesn't make you want to go for a bike ride, you're on the wrong forum.

The sun rising over Stribling Farm in Markham. Nice place to pick apples and other produce. My friend Crazy Wyllie runs the ice cream truck there during prime picking season. That ice cream is innnnnnncredible! (not inedible, inCredible!) so if you're there...have some.

The Port-a-Loo at the Markham dump is the cleanest I've ever seen. I told the manager it was cleaner than my bathroom at home, which made him happy and was only a slight exaggeration.
Old Today, 11:17 AM

Taking advantage of some beautiful weather around here while it lasts.

original_16a380b5-d5ae-499c-ae47-1df705cf521c_IMG_20241025_172149858_HDR by warren t., on Flickr
Old Today, 01:38 PM

About 35 miles with my wife on a windy and cool day in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I am increasing my miles after seeing a cardiologist for the supra-ventricular tachycardia (SVT). He put me on metoprolol which is a beta blocker. Beta blockers can knock your aerobic ability way down, as propranolol does with me, however, the metoprolol didn't bother me and I had zero SVT

Belle Grove Plantation and the Cedar Creek Battlefield:

Zukas:

Last edited by dcama5; Today at 01:47 PM.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Vendor

Talking

Dave, that’s fantastic, I’m happy to see you back on the bike in a big way. Yeah, it’s windy today. The first half of my ride was all tralala heading south, and then I was singing a different, much more Parental Warning: Explicit Content, song later when I turned north and had to climb from Hume over Chester Gap to get home. What a headwind!
Old Today, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
Dave, that’s fantastic, I’m happy to see you back on the bike in a big way. Yeah, it’s windy today. The first half of my ride was all tralala heading south, and then I was singing a different, much more Parental Warning: Explicit Content, song later when I turned north and had to climb from Hume over Chester Gap to get home. What a headwind!
Thanks Michael, yes, the ride today was a good one and I always like riding by Belle Grove, or its sister plantation to the east, Longbranch. Take care and thanks for all the great photos.

Dave