Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:28 PM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciero View Post
I think you've coined a moniker there.

Also the bizarre nature of celebrity. "AL" now seems to have a growing following, investors, and generally a viable base for his brand and projects, which include merchandise and events, as well as podcasts.
Well, all one has to do is ponder the whole existence of a man like Jeffery Epstein, and Lance just comes off as a water boy in today's bizarro world.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
This is right where I'm at and why I'm 'buttsore'.

The doping thing sucks but he's hardly alone. I have no trouble forgiving doping.

His lying sociopathic treatment of others....his ruining of careers....his pressure on trek to dump Lemond because Lemond was right about him....these are the things that he did and has not made amends for. He doped and he's a bad person. One thing I can understand....the other is hard to forget. Maybe these things don't matter to some....or maybe we are at a time when treating others like poo is expected....but call me ol'fashioned because it still feels very wrong to me.

dave
Exactly.

It was not the doping as much as it was/is the "Constant Cowboy" crap.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:14 PM
50 bpm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Suegiù View Post
Exactly.

It was not the doping as much as it was/is the "Constant Cowboy" crap.

Like.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Maybe you conveniently forget the part where Lance destroys LeMond's bicycle business? Hard to move on from that.
LeMond has done a bang up job of destroying every business he has been involved in. In every case he ended up suing his partners, including his own father. In the case of LeMond Bicycles he was buying bikes meant for his own personal use at a discount then selling them out the back door, cheating Trek out of sales.

LeMond went out of his way to attack the most popular cyclist in the world. This was an idiotic move for the front man of a brand that relied on staying in the cycling public's good graces. He picked a fight purely for ego reasons; he has always been an attention whore and couldn't stand being eclipsed by a younger, more successful American rider. He once again destroyed his own business. This is one guy who needs to take responisibility for the consequences of his own actions.

He attacked Lance by fabricating an elaborate lie about how he figured out Lance was doping, as if he was not aware that pro cycling is a cesspool of doping and you would be hard pressed to find any pro who was not doping. To this day he continues to tell this lie while minimizing dope use during his era and upholding omerta to protect all those who beat him while doping. When does LeMond intend to start telling the truth?

He cries crocodile tears in public about Lance attacking his income source as if he was not living off a pile of investments and conveniently forgets he won $39MM by suing the Yellowstone Club, $19MM of which was paid out before the club filed for bankruptcy. He was hardly looking for a cardboard box beneath an underpass.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
Especially when you consider Saint LeMond, his wife, and Betsy were busy a couple years ago spreading rumors that Lance was using a motor during the Tour. Just listening to Greg's senile ramblings about "missing watts" was enough to give anyone sympathy for Lance defending himself against the three.

There are no good guys in this story. Every person Lance went up against had their own self-interested goals for feuding with him and it had nothing to do with truth. The ones crying the loudest about claw marks are the ones who went the furthest out of their way to poke the bear.

The funny thing is Lance grew up and did his best to move on while Betsy and the LeMonds are still doing their best to continue their feud.
Wow, that's the biggest pile of nonsense I've seen on here. You should be congratulated.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
LeMond has done a bang up job of destroying every business he has been involved in. In every case he ended up suing his partners, including his own father. In the case of LeMond Bicycles he was buying bikes meant for his own personal use at a discount then selling them out the back door, cheating Trek out of sales.

LeMond went out of his way to attack the most popular cyclist in the world. This was an idiotic move for the front man of a brand that relied on staying in the cycling public's good graces. He picked a fight purely for ego reasons; he has always been an attention whore and couldn't stand being eclipsed by a younger, more successful American rider. He once again destroyed his own business. This is one guy who needs to take responisibility for the consequences of his own actions.

He attacked Lance by fabricating an elaborate lie about how he figured out Lance was doping, as if he was not aware that pro cycling is a cesspool of doping and you would be hard pressed to find any pro who was not doping. To this day he continues to tell this lie while minimizing dope use during his era and upholding omerta to protect all those who beat him while doping. When does LeMond intend to start telling the truth?

He cries crocodile tears in public about Lance attacking his income source as if he was not living off a pile of investments and conveniently forgets he won $39MM by suing the Yellowstone Club, $19MM of which was paid out before the club filed for bankruptcy. He was hardly looking for a cardboard box beneath an underpass.
Yeah but Greg was right.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:05 PM
slower than you

Not only was Greg right, but, he's also one of the nicest top athletes in the world of pro sports. Had the pleasure to meet him and ride a little on a group ride, and watch him mingle, and he was one solid, smiling fellow. Lance, on the other hand, from many sources, just sounds like an egotistical prick.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:20 PM
50 bpm

Some people still think -7 is +7 and whatabout him into a good man. Can't convince them. Don't try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Not only was Greg right, but, he's also one of the nicest top athletes in the world of pro sports. Had the pleasure to meet him and ride a little on a group ride, and watch him mingle, and he was one solid, smiling fellow. Lance, on the other hand, from many sources, just sounds like an egotistical prick.
I met Greg Lemond in the Bozeman airport early one morning. He was eating in the restaurant and running late for his flight and he ate quickly and ran to the gate. I saw him there and introduced myself and he stopped and listened and asked me about my work. He nearly missed his flight so that he could talk to me in the gate. He was generous and genuine and just plain nice. I wished we had more time to talk.

dave
Old 08-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

I think we have gotten about as much as we can out of this topic. When the sniping at others starts it’s time to turn the lights off.