Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 04:07 PM

Tariq Woolen for Seattle after he broke up a pass to Keon Coleman in the end zone was huffing himself up and trash talking Coleman.
Next play Josh Allen goes back to Coleman with a perfect pass for a one handed grab touchdown.
Coleman was again being covered by a now very subdued Woolen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWhpPOGyCE

I coach rugby and tell my teams to celebrate when the game is over and never on the field if we are the visiting team. Pissing your opponent off is not a good idea in a contact sport.
Old Today, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
Tariq Woolen for Seattle after he broke up a pass to Keon Coleman in the end zone was huffing himself up and trash talking Coleman.
Next play Josh Allen goes back to Coleman with a perfect pass for a one handed grab touchdown.
Coleman was again being covered by a now very subdued Woolen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWhpPOGyCE

I coach rugby and tell my teams to celebrate when the game is over and never on the field if we are the visiting team. Pissing your opponent off is not a good idea in a contact sport.
Yeah, I think it's like coaches used to say - "Act like you've been there before."

With regard to American football, I'm tired of seeing every defender/receiver/whoever run 60 yards/meters to the cameras solely to strike a pose or prearranged and choreographed dance with teammates after successfully executing their job on one single play.

I'm also sure that American football isn't alone (hello futbol and NBA).

So many clouds, only two fists...

Last edited by reuben; Today at 05:08 PM.
Old Today, 04:36 PM

here in Japan the baseball culture is pretty much how I imagine it is in American. Adults celebrating their kids winning a game wins like it's the WBC. Baseball needs more contact to sort that stuff out.
Why is a batter bat flipping so disrespectful but a pitcher fist pumping after a strikeout isn't? Gotta be because of the DH rule protecting pitchers from retribution right?
Old Today, 04:52 PM
#RYFB

I think nowadays most players have accepted the bat flip and similar showmanship, recognizing that fans like the entertainment value. it's mainly a few recalcitrant curmudgeons (lookin' at you, MadBum) who take issue with it.

Completely agree with the above comment about NFL players celebrating every minor achievement, like a first down. I especially dislike defensive backs strutting around after an incomplete pass, particularly when they got away with clear holding or PI (i.e., a majority of the time).