Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2023, 11:07 AM

I’m going to start with a few steadyracks, video shows they can swivel and will support our ebike. Should save quite a bit of floor space.

Question on scooters…ours end up with the handlebars tangled in a hockey goal so I’m open to examples here, too!
Old 01-04-2023, 11:19 AM

Rubbermaid FastTrack is the way to go. Once you mount the rail there are hooks that slide horizontally so you can really dial it in. I have a ~90" wall, and 84" rail, and 8 bikes.

I live in a NYC apartment so I have some expertise in this area
Old 01-04-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosh415 View Post
Rubbermaid FastTrack is the way to go. Once you mount the rail there are hooks that slide horizontally so you can really dial it in. I have a ~90" wall, and 84" rail, and 8 bikes.

I feel like a picture would be worth a 1000 words here . Mostly, I'm just curious on how this looks.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:41 PM

Freestanding aluminum frame

I made this at my last job, a distributor for extruded aluminum framing:

I wanted something freestanding so that it is adaptable to different spaces, but also still adjustable for each hook. Very happy with it, aside from the fact that it is full already.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
...Does anyone have an easy and reliable storage idea for scooters? Those things love falling down.
Old 01-05-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsciencenow View Post
I feel like a picture would be worth a 1000 words here . Mostly, I'm just curious on how this looks.
Seven bikes shown here but I've made room for one more since taking this

All Photos - 1 of 1.jpg
Old 01-05-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:

I used the FastTrack system at my previous place, and it worked well. One thing I did is that I installed two tracks, one on top of the other. This allowed me to hang the bikes closer together since the handlebars wouldn't be bumping into each other (I hung all my bikes by the front wheel; easier to hook/unhook). It's also very easy to slide the hooks/attachments along the track, so you can really fine tune your spacing.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:24 PM
Not a robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeladragon View Post
I used the FastTrack system at my previous place, and it worked well. One thing I did is that I installed two tracks, one on top of the other. This allowed me to hang the bikes closer together since the handlebars wouldn't be bumping into each other (I hung all my bikes by the front wheel; easier to hook/unhook). It's also very easy to slide the hooks/attachments along the track, so you can really fine tune your spacing.
I agree that "stacking" two tracks is a good approach. I've essentially got the same setup on one wall of my garage, but the other wall has a homegrown version of this: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/rs-slide/ (though my homemade one has staggered-length hooks).

That 1-up Slide rack may be pricey, but if I had it to do all over again I'd just bite the bullet & get 2-3 of these. I've found I really like the ability to slide the bikes together/apart as needed, and can fit a surprising number of bikes into a surprisingly small amount of horizontal space.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Bicycle User

Quote:
Seven bikes shown here but I've made room for one more since taking this

Attachment 1698057904
This is awesome. Any issues or tips on preventing tire marks on the walls?
Old 01-08-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla_Jr View Post
Very happy with it, aside from the fact that it is full already.
I have exactly the same problem with a wood shed I *just* finished building!
Sampson
HotTubes
LtSpeed
SpeshFat
Old 01-10-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzle View Post
This is awesome. Any issues or tips on preventing tire marks on the walls?
Nope! I think mounting some sort of protective strip would look worse than leaving the tire marks. I'm planning to camouflage, maybe take a tire to the paint store to color match
Old 01-15-2023, 05:52 PM

What about a piece of molding / chair-rail as a protective strip? Depending on your interior design, it might blend ok, but still protect the paint.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:22 PM

bumping this before we head to the hardware store for supplies. Or something to order is also OK.

I have the adult bikes up on wall hooks and we're looking for a kid friendly way to stand up a kids bike, a balance bike, scooters, helmet storage would be a plus.

Recently installed a kid height fast track bar for small folks to store outdoor tools - cut down rakes, shovels, etc and it's been working out great to keep things organized and out of the way.

A wall hook for the wheel won't work as their bikes are too awkward with coaster brakes and I want some ownership of space like a parking spot for each item. Steve's looks close to what I'm imagining and seeing if there are other ideas.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:15 PM
Ari W

This thread has been an awesome resource for ideas, I ended up buying 2 10' lengths of strut channel and I am ordering hooks with wheels that will glide in the channel. Hoping for one more piece of info here. Bikes will be upside down, one wheel on a hook from each strut. Anyone have a good measurement for the distance between the struts? This would seem to be the wheelbase of a bike, but I know that we will have slight differences, although the hooks should accommodate that.

TIA,
-Ari
Old 03-14-2024, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariw View Post
This thread has been an awesome resource for ideas, I ended up buying 2 10' lengths of strut channel and I am ordering hooks with wheels that will glide in the channel. Hoping for one more piece of info here. Bikes will be upside down, one wheel on a hook from each strut. Anyone have a good measurement for the distance between the struts? This would seem to be the wheelbase of a bike, but I know that we will have slight differences, although the hooks should accommodate that.

TIA,
-Ari
This sounds like a cool idea. Did you see that in the thread here? I dont recall seeing it.

Tags
bike storage