Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2024, 06:26 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Given his location, maybe a hawk would’ve been better
Speaking of birds, your boastful peacock is a neat catch as well! I've seen a lot of things while riding a bike, but can't remember ever seeing a peacock.

Hilltopper, loved the photo of your new whip in front of the bridge. That post in the middle ground matches the Texas Flood motif nicely. If you are trying to make me regret passing up on that bike's sibling, you're doing a decent job.

Yesterday morning was the warmest 28 degrees I've experienced outside of Alaska, where 28 feels like 55. Went for a ride on Skyline. So peaceful, so clear, so blue, so many goshdarnfruitfudgeflipstinking squirrels...

Here's a view from the Mother Nature's Cleavage Overlook in Shenandoah National Park.
[IMG]Untitled by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]

Later in the day it was 55 and felt like 65, so I went for a different type of ride. Although I suspect true kayakers would object to calling it a 'ride' the same way true cyclists object to untrue cyclists saying 'how far did you drive your bike today?'
Due to drought and circumstances, this was my first time paddling in over a year, and boy, it took like 7 seconds of being in the water to realize how much I missed it. Now, someone please tell me why There Is No Reason To Buy A Carbon Paddle.

Old 02-05-2024, 02:45 PM

I just decided that this one is going to stick around for a while longer. I really like the way this bike rides.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2024, 03:02 PM

Clear cold windy day, but happy to have two days in a row with sun! The Habanero in its winter mode, with fenders rack and hbar bag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6182.jpg (148.7 KB, 263 views)
Old 02-05-2024, 03:23 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I just decided that this one is going to stick around for a while longer. I really like the way this bike rides.
That Bishop could ride like the freak bi-wheeled offspring of a school bus and a canal barge and it would hardly matter: I'd look down while riding, see those beautiful colors, and feel supremely happy.

Finished my Skyline Drive ride with time to spare today, so went for a little recovery ride in the cemetery across from my house. Thought the red of the Ritchey would contrast well with the green patina of this little mausoleum. Insert your own 'that bike is to die for' pun here.

This bike is proving to be quite the little engine that could. In 40-45 degree weather we rode 50 miles and climbed over 6000 feet on the route I probably ride more often than any other, and the rolling time elapsed was not too far off of what I've achieved on far better spec'd carbon bikes with similarly hard efforts. If it were 80 degrees, might have even set a PR or two. It just goes to show that you shouldn't buy a carbon bike.

Last edited by Baron Blubba; 02-05-2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post

do you have a strava account that you could link? i would love to see your routes
Old 02-06-2024, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingson View Post
do you have a strava account that you could link? i would love to see your routes
I ditched the tech a long time ago! This ride started in Saint Johnsville NY at the Canalway path towards Little Falls NY which led me to some chunky gravel at 5mile Dam which turns back into Mindenville Rd. I hopped back on the bike trail and rode that to Sprakers NY and up Canyon Rd which ends at Carlisle Rd and took that to Wintergreen Park and then back down into Canajoharie NY. Once there I rode back to Saint Johnsville on the Empire State/Canalway trail.

If you ever want to come out and ride give me a shout!

Old 02-06-2024, 05:57 PM

Got in a quick shakedown ride after this arrived today. Super bike!

Old 02-06-2024, 06:12 PM

Perfect riding weather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8696.jpg (102.9 KB, 175 views)
Old 02-06-2024, 06:19 PM

Still cold but strong sunshine makes it ok. All in all a treat for February.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20240206_141221_1707264896967.jpg (151.8 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg Resized_20240206_150325_1707264959717.jpg (126.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 02-06-2024, 08:56 PM
Vendor

So many ominous pics today...
Old 02-07-2024, 04:21 PM
Vendor

Was in the right place at the right time today. Check out the aero helmet on the guy in the first pic!

A high of 49 degrees and nary a cloud in the sky. A breeze on the way out strong enough to encourage me to go a little (lot) farther than I had planned. A headwind on the way back gentle enough not to be debilitating, strong enough to keep me from getting lazy. A payoff view at the turnaround point at the top of Mount Massanutten, watching these fellas launch their paragliders and sail away. Quiet roads, friendly drivers, chased by a stubby little dog that looked like it would have been more at home in a Chanel advertisement than trollumping around a horse farm like a boss. Pondering the unpleasant 3-way intersection of endless understanding, limited patience, and love. What a great day for a ride!
Old 02-07-2024, 04:25 PM

Played hooky from work last week and took this snap.

"I wouldn't say I'm missing work, exactly," is the joke?

Old 02-07-2024, 04:28 PM
Vendor

Rode that trail once, 25 miles out from Richmond and back. Really nice --I remember a HUUUUGE bike somewhere along the way! I should make a trip of it soon and do the whole thing out 'n back.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
Rode that trail once, 25 miles out from Richmond and back. Really nice --I remember a HUUUUGE bike somewhere along the way! I should make a trip of it soon and do the whole thing out 'n back.
The Trail is a treasure, traffic-free cruising for 50 miles each way. It's flat, so even your non-cyclist friends can hang for a beers/lunch ride. Pick a nice day and you can have a super-easy 100-miler out and back with a stop for lunch at the cafe on the trail by Williamsburg.

I love being able to roll out my door and I'm 1 mile away from car-free riding on the trail. It makes for great 20-mile out and back routes before or after work (don't have to mess with the rush hour traffic).
Old 02-07-2024, 05:49 PM

Reconfigured the Vagen and got in an hour with the 4.5s and 42cm bar/stem set up.