Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2022, 08:53 AM

When there is that much money around there almost certainly is fraud but also when there is that much money people don't go to prison often times when they deserve it. I think it's a combination of fraud and just total incompetence.

On the bright side this may very well be the last straw that finally brings in some well needed regulation.

Also on the bright side TSUKA (TSU) went up about %110 in the last week and looks promising in the next few months
Old 11-18-2022, 09:18 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post

On the bright side this may very well be the last straw that finally brings in some well needed regulation.
Sorry, but, I dont see it. You would think this would be a big story and the outrage on media platforms would be loud. Nope. I think I saw one congressman or senator saying, gee, maybe we should look into this. Not much else. Probably because, essentially, this is a side show. Amazon lost more in valuation than FTX imploding. The stock market rallied last week as this was going down.
And, sorry, but, a lot of politicians benefitted from this fake funny money machine in this last election. It's like somebody finally invented a money tree, and all of DC were gathered around picking off money, nobody asking, hey, is this thing real?
Old 11-18-2022, 09:24 AM

‘Sorry with the politics again’

Why not just not say it to begin with
Old 11-18-2022, 09:27 AM
slower than you

Well, we are talking about finance regulation. It's not like that falls from the sky.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
When there is that much money around there almost certainly is fraud but also when there is that much money people don't go to prison often times when they deserve it. I think it's a combination of fraud and just total incompetence.

Also on the bright side TSUKA (TSU) went up about %110 in the last week and looks promising in the next few months
The moth to the flame.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:55 PM

The 15.5 support just got broken on BTC so it looks like some of the more dire predictions are right. On the bright side though the last several ATH - ATL on BTC were around 80%. Right not it's about 70% so it may just match that but when it does boy what an opportunity to get in. Not financial advice, of course. But it looks like the bottom is almost here. The FTX thing definitely extended this bear market. How long the bottom goes sideways remains to be seen.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The 15.5 support just got broken on BTC so it looks like some of the more dire predictions are right. On the bright side though the last several ATH - ATL on BTC were around 80%. Right not it's about 70% so it may just match that but when it does boy what an opportunity to get in. Not financial advice, of course. But it looks like the bottom is almost here. The FTX thing definitely extended this bear market. How long the bottom goes sideways remains to be seen.
FTX should be a warning. Tulips will look attractive next spring.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:31 PM

anyone buying the dip?
Old 11-21-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I believe looking at a 5yr chart will be more reflective of where the bottom will be, IMO.
Old 11-21-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
The bottom is beneath 1000. Coming regulation will cripple the ecosystem further, and that will be that.

Party's over.
Old 11-21-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub View Post
I believe looking at a 5yr chart will be more reflective of where the bottom will be, IMO.
I did, and so far it's always been the same pattern. Will history repeat itself? As a few mentioned perhaps not with any potential (well needed) regulation and other factors. But BTC is also in too big to fail territory too.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:28 PM
slower than you

Quote:
I did, and so far it's always been the same pattern. Will history repeat itself? As a few mentioned perhaps not with any potential (well needed) regulation and other factors. But BTC is also in too big to fail territory too.
How so? If so, FTX would have been a Lehman/Bear Sterns moment. The market went up when it went under. No politician of note is concerned. Quite the opposite, woe to the politician who actually calls for a bailout of any sort. Sorry, big sideshow. We'll be fine. Well, those that didnt get into that clown car.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
How so? If so, FTX would have been a Lehman/Bear Sterns moment. The market went up when it went under. No politician of note is concerned. Quite the opposite, woe to the politician who actually calls for a bailout of any sort. Sorry, big sideshow. We'll be fine. Well, those that didnt get into that clown car.
Exactly, most politicians (in power) in western democracies would like to see bitcoin crash and totally burn.

Last edited by adub; 11-21-2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:49 PM

I am investing in virtual tulips. I get all the appreciation of real bulbs while not getting my hands dirty.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
I know, I heard you comment on this the other day and I do think you are right. Hence why I still believe BTC will follow it's historical pattern.