Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKE View Post
For me to assemble....

Masi 3V Jublee Edition- still collecting bits
A Masi 3V was a bike I drooled over for many years!
Old 09-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKE View Post
For me to assemble....
Serotta Coors lite- have most of the vintage group but plenty more to buy.
Is it Ti or steel? Also, is it a team bike or team paint? A steel one with the paint is on my project list. It will be the first steel bike to be getting a new group on my list.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Vendor

That is a long time to be sitting on a deposit. Glad it got worked out and you get what you want.

I have a new dilemma now. The slush fund is showing sufficient levels for a custom tig steel gravel/allroad, used ti, or production carbon. I don't think my measurements are that abnormal that I wouldn't be able to fit a stock offering; and I also don't think I'm looking for anything weird - like a 1" quill stem with discs. I'd probably opt for a 3rd bottle mount and fenders for the hell of it if I went custom. Not a big deal. Mainly I like supporting small builders. So, what should it be?

I also have a trip to Boston in about two weeks. I don't know if people are aware of this but there's a shop out there that does some mighty fine work in titanium. I hear they have a very nice fit studio. Way out of my budget absent some accounting tomfoolery. I can't say their name out loud because even saying the name would get me thrown in the dog house, but it rhymes with apple pie. Please nobody quote this last paragraph because I might need to come back and delete to cover my tracks.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:16 PM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanternrouge View Post
Is it Ti or steel? Also, is it a team bike or team paint? A steel one with the paint is on my project list. It will be the first steel bike to be getting a new group on my list.
It’s a really well preserved steel frame/fork that was purchased with the team paint (not an actual team frame). It just has a tiny bit of shop wear from being on display. I doubt that it was ever actually ridden. It’s a great looking Frameset!
Old 09-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
A Masi 3V was a bike I drooled over for many years!
This was a eBay purchase that was in pretty nice condition. There were a few too many paint chips and nicks that really didn’t touch up well (metallic silver) so I sent it to Tom Kellogg so he could freshen it up. I asked Tom to not make it perfect by really doing a bunch of finish type sanding prep. Was more interested in keeping the frame looking like it came from the factory. Now it’s just waiting on me to build it up. I may strip a Teledyne Titan that has a gently used Campy Super Record group in order to build it up.......or some Mavic bits I have collected.