Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM

I will take the Raptors in G1, behind some otherworldly team defense. And the W's in G2, behind some savvy adjustments to that defense.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:34 PM

Debating putting money on the series. Betting on the Raptors in 7 of course.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsun View Post
Debating putting money on the series. Betting on the Raptors in 7 of course.
If youre going to do this I'd wait until tomorrow when they announce whether demarcus cousins is playing because if he is your odds will get way better and youll potentially win a lot more.

Warriors in 5 still though
Old 05-29-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
If youre going to do this I'd wait until tomorrow when they announce whether demarcus cousins is playing because if he is your odds will get way better and youll potentially win a lot more.

Warriors in 5 still though
Agreed. Although perhaps for a different reason. I think the Dubs are better off starting Looney at the "5."
Old 05-30-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
Interesting.

I think the warriors show their playoff experience and win game 1.

I think raptors adjust and win game 2 and then warriors win out
I think the Warriors are 18-1 in Game 1s in the playoffs under Kerr. The love a good let down game though, in games 2 or 3.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

I think KD is out for the series. I think he did more than strain his calf muscle I think he has a partial or almost complete rupture of his Achilles’ tendon . But that’s an armchair diagnosis.
Want to see GSW in 5.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM

Interestingly enough, the 538 model has the Raps as a very slight series favorite on the strength of home court and KDs uncertain status.

I think there could be some value in betting the Raps as a series winner, but second the idea to wait until you figure out if Cousins is available.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:58 AM
needs adult supervision

If Kawhi were 100% healthy, this would be a different series. But I think GSW will come at Kawhi on both ends and try to wear him down, make him push his body harder, perhaps, than he wants to.

On defense, think they'll run two bodies at him, and they have lots of long bodies that can double him from all sorts of angles to make him work much harder.

Then on offense, think they'll find who he's covering, then run that person all over h*ll and make Kawhi chase and work on that end, too.

Kawhi was brilliant against the Bucks, but man, he worked his butt off. GSW will try to make him work and pass the ball or take really hard shots. He may rise to the challenge. But if the Warriors can harass and wear him down, not sure the rest of the Raps can match the Warriors scoring.

A last point: It's hard not to feel that Steph/Klay/Drammond rediscovered something and part of them wants to win without KD. They have an extra spark. And Kerr discovered something about his bench...the dudes can play. That gives the bench an extra spark. Just a gut, but something changed positively when KD went down. Warriors in 5.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I think KD is out for the series. I think he did more than strain his calf muscle I think he has a partial or almost complete rupture of his Achilles’ tendon . But that’s an armchair diagnosis.
Want to see GSW in 5.
If he tore his achilles he'd certainly be in a boot, and not walking around on it, right?
Old 05-30-2019, 12:25 PM

The Raptors have the best defense that GS will have seen in their 5 year run. Portlands defense is/was their weakest suit hence the sweep making KD-less GS look way better than they are. Looking for Raptors to hold GS under 100 points and take game 1 tonight.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:58 PM

Lets boogie.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:15 PM

Just saw that Cousins will be the first Calipari Kentucky player to play in the Finals. Given the sheer number of NBA players that program produces, this seems incredible!

Anyway, I'm curious to see how Boogie is used and his impact. Over the course of the year, he was a net negative on both ends of the floor, but a lot of his minutes were with KD. Maybe he looks better on offense when the ball is moving a little more? I don't really see him punishing Gasol in the post, so maybe you try to get him minutes when Ibaka is the 5? Hope he can contain PNR and keep Ibaka/Gasol from making jumpers? Toronto almost never attacks out of the post, so he'll have to be moving on defense.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Just saw that Cousins will be the first Calipari Kentucky player to play in the Finals. Given the sheer number of NBA players that program produces, this seems incredible!

Anyway, I'm curious to see how Boogie is used and his impact. Over the course of the year, he was a net negative on both ends of the floor, but a lot of his minutes were with KD. Maybe he looks better on offense when the ball is moving a little more? I don't really see him punishing Gasol in the post, so maybe you try to get him minutes when Ibaka is the 5? Hope he can contain PNR and keep Ibaka/Gasol from making jumpers? Toronto almost never attacks out of the post, so he'll have to be moving on defense.
I can't see him getting more than 10-15 minutes a game, right? I mean, he's returning from a torn quad, and he already looked a half-step slow.

But, I am so happy for him! Hope he has some big minutes, no matter how many.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobslide View Post
I can't see him getting more than 10-15 minutes a game, right? I mean, he's returning from a torn quad, and he already looked a half-step slow.

But, I am so happy for him! Hope he has some big minutes, no matter how many.
I would say 5 - 7 minutes max.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post

Boogie has all the ball demands of Durant with none of the scoring efficiency. He'll be a net drag on offense unless this gets very half-court.