Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Even after shot, pain back in spades so finally went to podiatrist(gotta admit, these guys 'seem' like Chiro-quacks, but this gent OK)..even tho radiologist didn't see it, small crack at bone at base of toe..NOT Morton's Nueroma..wrong place plus 'possible' rupture of the connection and pad between the bones at base of second toe..wrap, new shoes, exercises and re-look in 6 weeks..if no reduction in pain, possible surgery to repair/reinforce bone..yippee..
That's good news. Glad to hear it. I have "sensitive" feet also. Would suggest taking his advice....which I'm sure you will do.

I think a great Podiatrist is under rated and under appreciated. I mean.....if your feet hurt.....you are out of business. I go to one regularly to keep an eye on some foot surgery in the past. He keeps me riding and walking. In the past, I had thought (wrongly) they are some kind of second class level of Doctor. Don't think that any more. Mine is the foot and ankle surgeon for the Orlando Magic basketball team. He tapes them up pre game. He's a runner and cyclist....knows his stuff.

Last edited by Ralph; 09-26-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Even after shot, pain back in spades so finally went to podiatrist(gotta admit, these guys 'seem' like Chiro-quacks, but this gent OK)..even tho radiologist didn't see it, small crack at bone at base of toe..NOT Morton's Nueroma..wrong place plus 'possible' rupture of the connection and pad between the bones at base of second toe..wrap, new shoes, exercises and re-look in 6 weeks..if no reduction in pain, possible surgery to repair/reinforce bone..yippee..
This makes sense as I seem to recall you saying the pain started after smashing your foot into something in the middle of the night. From what I understand, Morton's Neuroma rarely shows it's ugly head all of the sudden. Mine is flaring up this week in my left foot for some reason. I have taken to digging out a valley in an old pair of sandals under the sore spot. That seems to make walking a lot less painful.

Tim