Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswire View Post
Scored a nice 9 speed Veloce/Racing T partial group from NightHawk that was delivered yesterday and I installed this morning. Took it out for a quick spin up Twin Peaks and back,it performed nicely. Like having the 52/42/32 over the 50/39/34 I have on another bike.

Ahh, Bob. Perfect!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:43 PM

Your most recent cycling related purchase

Early birthday present from the wife....

Titanium Frame 190mm rear spacing
Carbon fork 135mm front spacing
Haven bars with EA70 90mm stem.
Carbon post EC90 with Volt Team saddle
Turbine crank with 32T ring
X1 shifter, derailleur and 11spd XG-1180 cassette
X0 brakes
Carbon 80mm wheels with Snowshoe XL tires
Old 06-30-2015, 05:05 PM

A blue Flite

Robins egg blue'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1584.jpg (53.1 KB, 367 views)
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Mash bar plugs. They look really good on the bike.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Old 07-06-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
I was considering one of these! Please post thoughts once you ride it.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
I was considering one of these! Please post thoughts once you ride it.
I've been testing the "pro" which is exactly the same as the sworks but has ti rails. Both have same padding, same shape and same carbon shell. I've now had 16 different saddles in 7 years of riding. This is unlike anything I've ridden. So comfortable. I was debating between the expert and the sworks. The expert has a plastic shell, level 2 padding, ti rails and much cheaper. The level 2 padding is the cats meow for reals, So comfortable. I almost went with it but I ended up testing the pro and after 75 miles, it was like riding on a cloud. The level 1 padding is not AS comfortable, but it was still very good. The sworks met every other matrix for me as well, lighter than the expert, the level 1 padding is thinner therfor more sleek looking and it looks cooler. I might kick myself for going with weight and looks over the added comfort of the level 2 padding but so far the pro model has been excellent! No sit bone fatigue, no chafing and no other issues.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I've been testing the "pro" which is exactly the same as the sworks but has ti rails. Both have same padding, same shape and same carbon shell. I've now had 16 different saddles in 7 years of riding. This is unlike anything I've ridden. So comfortable. I was debating between the expert and the sworks. The expert has a plastic shell, level 2 padding, ti rails and much cheaper. The level 2 padding is the cats meow for reals, So comfortable. I almost went with it but I ended up testing the pro and after 75 miles, it was like riding on a cloud. The level 1 padding is not AS comfortable, but it was still very good. The sworks met every other matrix for me as well, lighter than the expert, the level 1 padding is thinner therfor more sleek looking and it looks cooler. I might kick myself for going with weight and looks over the added comfort of the level 2 padding but so far the pro model has been excellent! No sit bone fatigue, no chafing and no other issues.
Thanks!
Old 07-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Jersey from Goodwill

Stopped by a local Goodwill and found this "tri" jersey. I only got it since it has colors that will go well with our new Paceline Tutti Frutti caps.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the mini review! May I ask what other saddles have you been happy with before? I've been considering picking one up as well.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2ck View Post
Thanks for the mini review! May I ask what other saddles have you been happy with before? I've been considering picking one up as well.
No problem. I liked the toupe and romin evo pro versions. I'm a 155. I tried a 143mm pro power saddle only because the overall width of the power is wider and figured maybe that would have an effect on where i sat. I'm glad I know enough about my saddle experience to know that the difference between a 143 and 155 can make or break how a saddle feels. The 143 was too narrow and my sit bones were on the edge. The 155mm provided much more support and cradled me.

I'm surprised there is not more conversation about this saddle. All of my local bike shops in town or out of stock because they are flying off the shelves. I have not come across one person who has tried this saddle and did not like it. Specialized definitely knocked it out of the park with this design I'm surprise there is not more conversation about this bottle. All of my local bike shops in town or out of stock because they are flying of the show. I have not come across 1 person who has tried this title and did not like it. Personalized definitely not get out of the park with this design. I also like that they have specific attachments that screw into the back of the saddle. They have a GoPro mount that looks incredibly
Clean

Last edited by bianchi10; 07-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Veni Veloce Vomiti

Saddle _does_ look pretty good. Trouble is, I'm the other direction. Unless they make one in 127~131 width, I won't be riding it. I've tried WAY too many 143s and 135s and I know what will work for me. Every pedal stroke on a too-wide saddle feels like it's like trying to pry my sit-bones apart.

Otherwise, it does look comfy and well-made.

Mike in AR
Old 07-06-2015, 02:49 PM

Ortlieb Packman Pro 2
Old 07-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
No problem. I liked the toupe and romin evo pro versions. I'm a 155. I tried a 143mm pro power saddle only because the overall width of the power is wider and figured maybe that would have an effect on where i sat. I'm glad I know enough about my saddle experience to know that the difference between a 143 and 155 can make or break how a saddle feels. The 143 was too narrow and my sit bones were on the edge. The 155mm provided much more support and cradled me.

I'm surprised there is not more conversation about this saddle. All of my local bike shops in town or out of stock because they are flying off the shelves. I have not come across one person who has tried this saddle and did not like it. Specialized definitely knocked it out of the park with this design I'm surprise there is not more conversation about this bottle. All of my local bike shops in town or out of stock because they are flying of the show. I have not come across 1 person who has tried this title and did not like it. Personalized definitely not get out of the park with this design. I also like that they have specific attachments that screw into the back of the saddle. They have a GoPro mount that looks incredibly
Clean

What a coincidence, I was finally able to pick up the expert version yesterday. Excited to take it out for a ride.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwerkudara View Post
What a coincidence, I was finally able to pick up the expert version yesterday. Excited to take it out for a ride.
Nice! that level 2 padding is top notch! Reply back after you ride and let us know your thoughts! hopefully as good as my experience with it.