Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2024, 10:09 PM

Mid 50s to 60s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
What is a front range cyclist? Asking for a friend.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:15 PM

It's an actual mountain range on the Eastern edge of the Rockies, but more commonly used as a designation to refer to the cities along the foothills of these mountains.

Basically refers to the first set of mountains that rise out of the plains as you travel from east to west across the state (think of the North-South line that connects Ft. Collins, Boulder, Golden, Littleton, Castle Rock, Colorado Springs--a cyclist from any of these cities could be called a 'front range cyclist').
Old 09-21-2024, 07:49 AM
Proud Grandpa

Elvis is living in Vegas

Jimmy Hoffa is alive in Chicago

Campagnolo is going out of business and so is The Pros's Closet.

Old 09-21-2024, 10:42 AM
what's a little rust?

I thought Elvis was in Houston? Wasn’t Jerry Glanville holding a seat for Elvis at Oilers games?

I figure neither Elvis nor Jimmy would be fans of internal routing through the stem. Keep it old school.
Old 09-21-2024, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I was in Boulder last week and almost stopped in to see if they had a photo of Dan Williams on the wall in the Customer of the Year area
Maybe not customer of the year.. but I am one of their bigger fans. Say whatever you want about the investor side of their model but their employees are top notch and their selection can’t be beat.

Most recent acquisition was this 2023 Look 785 Huez RS. New w Warranty. DA9250 build w a proper 52/36 and 11/34. Frameset made close to France (Tunisia). And wheelset made fully in France - Corima MCC DX carbon hub/spoke numbers that ride like a dream despite being only 16mm ID. Excellent Look carbon finishing kit and Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio saddle. To my door for $4650. The MSRP on the wheelset alone is above that. Handling is excellent. Overall it’s just an incredible bike for the money.TPC makes trying this stuff possible. I really hope they are able to keep the wheels spinning somehow.

vvvvv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6530.jpg (155.0 KB, 760 views)
Old 09-21-2024, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Maybe not customer of the year.. but I am one of their bigger fans. Say whatever you want about the investor side of their model but their employees are top notch and their selection can’t be beat.

Most recent acquisition was this 2023 Look 785 Huez RS. New w Warranty. DA9250 build w a proper 52/36 and 11/34. Frameset made close to France (Tunisia). And wheelset made fully in France - Corima MCC DX carbon hub/spoke numbers that ride like a dream despite being only 16mm ID. Excellent Look carbon finishing kit and Selle Italia SLR Boost Kit Carbonio saddle. To my door for $4650. The MSRP on the wheelset alone is above that. Handling is excellent. Overall it’s just an incredible bike for the money.TPC makes trying this stuff possible. I really hope they are able to keep the wheels spinning somehow.

vvvvv
Judging by this photo it looks like the saddle to bar drop is back with a vengeance!
Old 09-21-2024, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERK55 View Post
Judging by this photo it looks like the saddle to bar drop is back with a vengeance!
I can’t get comfortable w taller stack. Not sure why. Maybe I haven’t tried the right combo, it just always feels like I’m falling off the back when climbing and scrunched up on flats/descents. Who knows.
Old 09-21-2024, 05:05 PM

That's a sweet bike.

TPC going under is a bummer but not surprising.

I feel like James ought to start his own substack model and see where that takes him. I like his bike content, but if I'm honest all his posts around the EC drama put me off, and strikes me as the type of personality that could be difficult to work with in an org. I have no idea, just judging from the posts. As soon as I saw his story on TPC I went looking for a news article or something and there's nothing else out there. I mean it's probably true but not sure what the benefit to him of breaking that news is, other than maybe the fact that we're talking about his instagram page now and if he were starting a substack then...
Old 09-21-2024, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordanh View Post
if I'm honest all his posts around the EC drama put me off, and strikes me as the type of personality that could be difficult to work with in an org.
He had long runs at bike radar and then the same team that was cycling tips through to escape - cant be that difficult.

I think the bike world is too small to really be a pain in the ass.
Old 09-21-2024, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That's a sweet bike.

I feel like James ought to start his own substack model and see where that takes him. I like his bike content, but if I'm honest all his posts around the EC drama put me off, and strikes me as the type of personality that could be difficult to work with in an org. I have no idea, just judging from the posts. As soon as I saw his story on TPC I went looking for a news article or something and there's nothing else out there. I mean it's probably true but not sure what the benefit to him of breaking that news is, other than maybe the fact that we're talking about his instagram page now and if he were starting a substack then...
I mean… the “AngryAsi..” handle had to come from somewhere ..then again, our own AngryScientist is not quite the curmudgeon one would assume from such a self-chosen title
Old 09-21-2024, 07:43 PM

Visited there today with the wife to pick up some closeout apparel items that fit her well. I hadn't visited the Louisville location before, but I'd seen the older Boulder spot years ago. Very nice setup inside, and yes, it's certainly being emptied out, but nothing to indicate it's also not a reduction to relocate back into a smaller space.

Staff was super helpful, and they had some amazing deals.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:37 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
That's a sweet bike.

Forehead slap....
Old 09-23-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
and if he were starting a substack then...
We would all go WT* is substack ?
Are we going back to assembly language?
Old 09-23-2024, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
We would all go WT* is substack ?
https://substack.com/

What's old is new again and newsletters are the new podcasts.
Old 09-23-2024, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I mean… the “AngryAsi..” handle had to come from somewhere ..then again, our own AngryScientist is not quite the curmudgeon one would assume from such a self-chosen title
I've always enjoyed James's style and attitude about things. I always presumed that the "angryasian" title was a jab at the whole "model minority" concept that is hoisted upon humans of Asian heritage in the united states. Essentially, a commentary that an Asian-American with the same demeanor and amount of opinions as a Caucasian-American would be considered angry while the Caucasian would be considered "a regular guy".