Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2024, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philster View Post
James’s post is pretty clear, but I haven’t seen anything elsewhere. Hope it’s not true. They seem to employ a bunch of bike lovers.
Or at least they did...

https://www.theproscloset.com/pages/...vC_In8Ro4jFEN4

Quote:
TPC Bike Service Paused🔧
Due to high demand and our commitment to the highest standard of quality and efficiency, we are temporarily not booking service appointments.

We're honored that so many front range cyclists trust us with their bikes and look forward to bringing our service shop back soon.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:13 AM

As a frequent customer of theirs, they do seem to have been running a lot of aggressive sales all summer.

Alone doesn't mean they're necessarily going out of business, but it does suggest that they are low on cash.

Maybe they've got some big shipments coming in and they really are just trying to free up some resources, maybe they know they're going out of business and this is a way they slow walk that, or maybe it's something in between. Maybe they are right on the edge of solvency and their continued operations depend on how well these sales go.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Last edited by prototoast; 09-20-2024 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:33 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa63 View Post
James Huang's recent Instagram story said something about the Pros Closet having had a good run. He is an insider there in Boulder so maybe he knows something that hasn't been publicly announced yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YVR_brad View Post
Was just wondering about this as @angryasian instagram post eluded to being done
Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
I also saw his insta post yesterday, and I also interpreted as meaning they are closing down
IG link?

I follow him and didnt see anything, and still dont see anything.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:34 AM

I got a really good deal on an Ultegra Di2 front derailleur.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:49 AM

Speaking of proscloset - anyone have any discount codes?

They run massive end of the year sales every year so don’t know how much of that is just business for them
Old 09-20-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
As a frequent customer of theirs, they do seem to have been running a lot of aggressive sales all summer.

Alone doesn't mean they're necessarily going out of business, but it does suggest that they are low on cash.

Maybe they've got some big shipments coming in and they really are just trying to free up some resources, maybe they know they're going out of business and this is a way they slow walk that, or maybe it's something in between. Maybe they are right on the edge of solvency and their continued operations depend on how well these sales go.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out.
The last two offers I got from Tpc were very generous but required waiting 60 days for guaranteed payment. Last was only a month ago..
Old 09-20-2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas515 View Post
Speaking of proscloset - anyone have any discount codes?

They run massive end of the year sales every year so don’t know how much of that is just business for them
Login to your account, add anything to your cart, and close the browser. They will then email you a coupon for either $20 off $100 or $40 off $200.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:25 AM

I was lucky enough to snag one of my absolute favorite bikes from TPC, back when they were "partnered" with The Radavist

but I gotta echo the OP - the quality of their bike inventory seems to have gone down substantially as of late.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:06 PM

Here is the James Huang instagram story for those who missed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 10.04.53 AM.jpg (63.8 KB, 534 views)
Old 09-20-2024, 06:12 PM
litcrazy

Did he take that post down? I can't find it. Maybe he has a local source for insider knowledge (as he often seems to) or maybe he jumped the gun.

I can never tell whether their sale represents their loss or other dynamics. I just bought 3 11 speed 11-46 xt cassettes for $50 and some 11 speed 105/slx chains for $16. Does that mean they're taking a loss, or they got a deal from someone who wants to reduce inventory through a third party discount site.

A deal on Smartwool socks at Marshall's/TJ Maxx could mean they overbought, Smartwool overproduced or someone else overbought and sold it low to Marshall's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertr View Post
Here is the James Huang instagram story for those who missed it.
Old 09-20-2024, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litcrazy View Post
Did he take that post down? I can't find it. Maybe he has a local source for insider knowledge (as he often seems to) or maybe he jumped the gun.
Instagram stories only last for about a day. So it expired.
Old 09-20-2024, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litcrazy View Post

I can never tell whether their sale represents their loss or other dynamics. I just bought 3 11 speed 11-46 xt cassettes for $50 and some 11 speed 105/slx chains for $16. Does that mean they're taking a loss, or they got a deal from someone who wants to reduce inventory through a third party discount site.

A deal on Smartwool socks at Marshall's/TJ Maxx could mean they overbought, Smartwool overproduced or someone else overbought and sold it low to Marshall's.
Instagram stories expire after 24 hours.
Old 09-20-2024, 08:54 PM

At this point, if you go out for dinner with John Burke and Mike Sinyard...you're going to get the check

Vc bros? Even worse
Old 09-20-2024, 09:57 PM

oh come on now! you'd be happy if burke gave you the check...point, wouldn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
At this point, if you go out for dinner with John Burke and Mike Sinyard...you're going to get the check

Vc bros? Even worse
Old 09-20-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
TPC Bike Service Paused🔧
Due to high demand and our commitment to the highest standard of quality and efficiency, we are temporarily not booking service appointments.

We're honored that so many front range cyclists trust us with their bikes and look forward to bringing our service shop back soon.
What is a front range cyclist? Asking for a friend.