Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Today, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
He was called a cannibal because he won so much that he left mere crumbs for his rivals, not because he was a jerk to his competitors or team staff.
And Merckx was given that nickname by his teammate Christian Raymond's 12 year old daughter.

"Daddy, he's a cannibal!"
Old Today, 06:23 AM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
Is Escape Collective worth paying for? This is the second time this week that that I’ve run into their paywall. Never heard of them before that.
Yes, absolutely. As a founder (and a former cycling writer and newspaper editor), I'm really proud to have been on the ground floor and glad they're moving gradually toward permanence.
Old Today, 08:51 AM

I read his buyout is 12 million. I can't see a team willing to pay that unless they can capitalize on his multi-discipline approach to pro cycling. Some team really has to want him bad to pay that kind of money for a rider who has "okay" results on the road. But it feels like Ineos is so fed up with him they may just forfeit the buyout and let him go.
Old Today, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45K10 View Post
I read his buyout is 12 million. I can't see a team willing to pay that unless they can capitalize on his multi-discipline approach to pro cycling...
Which seems at odds with Pidcock's statements about concentrating 100% on road in 2025. He doesn't think he can do all 3 disciplines AND be as successful on the road as he wants to be. And he's probably not wrong. And as mentioned up the thread, road has most of the money and prestige.
Old Today, 09:38 AM
what's a little rust?

It may be a case of misaligned expectations and abilities for both him and the team. There is ample evidence, including a certain Dutch and Belgian duo, that a rider doesn’t have to contend for grand tour GC and can still over deliver for ownership and fans.