Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2023, 04:52 AM

considering this too, already have all the parts to build up the road logic...just hemming, hawing...do i really need another road bike?...

Old 10-24-2023, 05:51 AM
Vendor

I’m just waiting for my distributor to receive their shipment. Online retailers have them already, but wholesale distributors might not see em til January.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:02 PM

I love everything ritchey! I would definitely get it. Its triple butted steel heat treated the new ones are rather. I believe mine may only be double butted have to check.
I still ride ritchy vantage comp wheels on a ritchey logic frame and fork and even stem and bars wcs triple butted aluminum. IDK I think ritchey jut make sconsistent good products kind of the way I like most FSA stuff.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:36 PM

Tldr he bought it 😅
Old 11-03-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Tldr he bought it 😅
Old 11-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Vendor

[IMG]Untitled by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks to everyone who participated in talking me into it. I hope to pick it up on Wednesday and ride it Thursday morning and manymanymanymany mornings, afternoons, and evenings after that.
The build will be 10-speed Dura Ace 7900 with Dura Ace C24 9000 series wheels for their tubeless capabilities. Ritchey Link Superlogic seatpost. Ritchey WCS Carbon Evolution bars. Giant Fleet SLR saddle (my favorite). Giant SLR carbon stem. Black bar tape for now. Not sure about cages yet.

One nice note: Groupset, wheels, post, and bars were all purchased from Paceline members, who were all a pleasure to do business with. What a cool place this is. I really like keeping used-but-still-quite-usable parts in use, so that's a bonus too.

I am giddy with excitement for this one...I love seeing a pretty colorful bike under me while I ride, and I love everything about the aesthetic of this frame. If it rides have as wonderfully as I'm imagining it does, hooo boy, a lot of work is going to get procrastinated upon.

Last edited by Baron Blubba; 11-12-2023 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 04:03 PM

They are great frames and I was one who suggested, so, hoping it works out. I am too big for the road / cross versions, however my Ascent occupies a hook in the garage and is gleefully used to rip the local singletrack accompanied by my faithful pup. I'm eyeballing an Ultra not sure where that will end up. I did enjoy the road / cross frames, however my bulk was not great for that carbon fork and the subsequent shudder upon braking. TT is a bit short for me so there's that. Overall my BREW is designed off the Ritchey Logic Disc just with a longer TT and it works great. So it served a higher purpose! Good luck to you and you'll love that bike.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:49 PM

Congrats & that color looks nicer in your pics than the leaked photos.

Looking forward to your build!
Old 11-14-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
Congrats & that color looks nicer in your pics than the leaked photos.
I was going to say the same thing. In the leaked photos it looks blech brown.

I like the deep red.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post

Thanks to everyone who participated in talking me into it. I hope to pick it up on Wednesday and ride it Thursday morning and manymanymanymany mornings, afternoons, and evenings after that.
The build will be 10-speed Dura Ace 7900 with Dura Ace C24 9000 series wheels for their tubeless capabilities. Ritchey Link Superlogic seatpost. Ritchey WCS Carbon Evolution bars. Giant Fleet SLR saddle (my favorite). Giant SLR carbon stem. Black bar tape for now. Not sure about cages yet.

One nice note: Groupset, wheels, post, and bars were all purchased from Paceline members, who were all a pleasure to do business with. What a cool place this is. I really like keeping used-but-still-quite-usable parts in use, so that's a bonus too.

I am giddy with excitement for this one...I love seeing a pretty colorful bike under me while I ride, and I love everything about the aesthetic of this frame. If it rides have as wonderfully as I'm imagining it does, hooo boy, a lot of work is going to get procrastinated upon.
I know this is maybe a weird nitpic, nitpik? but the cable stop on the top tube seems awful high up on the side...seems it should be lower down around closer to the bottom...i went to the ritchey site and does show it high up there...am I wrong?

I then went back to the George Vargas youtube video posted and the ritchey frame he showed has the cable stops lower on the top tube like around 4 to 5 o'clock on a circle looking from the front of the bike, not where ritchey shows them up near 2 o'clock...

okokok, maybe i've been smokin' too much, ya know...

short ps...i'm paying attention to this 'little' detail cause I ordered one and it should be here any day now

Last edited by picstloup; 11-15-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2023, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picstloup View Post
I know this is maybe a weird nitpic, nitpik? but the cable stop on the top tube seems awful high up on the side...seems it should be lower down around closer to the bottom...i went to the ritchey site and does show it high up there...am I wrong?
Dunno about the mentioned video, but having the stops up high plays nicer with the ever more common frame bag and also eases carrying (or shouldering) the bike.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picstloup View Post

I believe it's "nitpick," as in picking nits.

Doesn't Richard Sachs position his rear brake cable in a similar position (looking towards the HT, at ~11:30)? Not that that has to make you feel any better, but good company anyway. I hope you end up with it the way you want it--they're great looking bikes!
Old 11-15-2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychom View Post
Dunno about the mentioned video, but having the stops up high plays nicer with the ever more common frame bag and also eases carrying (or shouldering) the bike.
Love those colors, hadn’t seen them before — and I prefer that cable placement so the bike can be easily shouldered for carry.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:35 PM
Vendor

Looks a whoooole lot better in real life! The red and pink complement each other wonderfully. Built as is with XT pedals, plastic Supafly, cages, simple no frills Sram out front mounts: 17 lbs, 9 oz.
First ride of 50ish miles tomorrow morning. Then an epic on Friday.

Old 11-15-2023, 07:05 PM

That looks fantastic!

I really thought you'd have gone 11 speed electronic shifting on it though.