Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2024, 06:02 PM

Thanks everyone. As planned we spent last Sunday looking for a new family member and we were fortunate to find one. After 4 days of "Foster to Adopt", we made it official and adopted "Pumpkin", a 3 year old polydactyl calico/tortie mix.

I'm still sad and miss my Boots, but you don't replace a family member and forget the other one.

She is a little spitfire and quite the lovebug. It took a day for her to warm up to us and my other cat Hazel (brown tabby) is just an amazing animal. She loves all cats and was so good about giving Pumpkin the space she needed and let her set the timeline (they're already friends).

Old 09-21-2024, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
Thanks everyone. As planned we spent last Sunday looking for a new family member and we were fortunate to find one. After 4 days of "Foster to Adopt", we made it official and adopted "Pumpkin", a 3 year old polydactyl calico/tortie mix.

I'm still sad and miss my Boots, but you don't replace a family member and forget the other one.

She is a little spitfire and quite the lovebug. It took a day for her to warm up to us and my other cat Hazel (brown tabby) is just an amazing animal. She loves all cats and was so good about giving Pumpkin the space she needed and let her set the timeline (they're already friends).

You have honored Boots in the best way possible, by giving the love you had for her to another in need.
She is beautiful, and I'm sure she'll only add to your family.
Old 09-22-2024, 06:20 AM

This thread has me cloudy with a chance of rain, thanks for sharing everyone. My first pet ever, a rescue bully mix is now 12 and I'm dreading that reality in the future. He's the sweetest doggo ever, and two years in, I got a portrait tattoo of him. Thankfully he's not showing any signs of slowing down yet.

OP, sorry to hear about Boots, and congrats on rescuing Pumpkin.
Old 09-22-2024, 10:13 AM

I'm sorry about Boots. Losing a pet is so hard. I'm a mess on and off after we have to say goodbye to one of ours.

At the same time, congrats on Pumpkin. Is she a mitten cat? It looks like she has a lot of toes.

I'm definitely a cat person, ditto the Missus.

And unfortunately, we're going through the same thing, have been for about 5 or 6 years now. We had at one time 8 cats, 5 of them ferals I caught. We're down to 2, one of the original feral kittens (he's 17 now) and one a friend asked us to take (he's 19 or 20).

3 of the 4 kittens right after I caught them, 17 years go. Hal, on the left side, is one of the cats we have left.

Hal on the same bed 9 years ago: