Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2024, 05:41 AM

dup
Old 08-30-2024, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Ugh so it looks like it might rain on Saturday.

I'm hoping to get out early in the day so I can beat the rain but I'll look up some of these routes and see what's doable. If I'm going up for 3 nights, I'd love to get 3 rides in.

Anyone around this weekend? ������
I am out that way this weekend but not Burlington. Will be in East Burke. Lots of nice fine gravel roads. Yes looks like a wet one Sat, and there has been flooding and washouts. All part of the adventure!

Last edited by marciero; 08-30-2024 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2024, 07:24 PM

It was a bit of a rough weekend. The drive from philly took about 10 hours with a stop in the catskills to grab some wheels from a paceliner. I got to the parking lot for smuggs and it was pitch black and I hit my car on a low rock wall while reversing and did a number to it. Then saturday it just rained and rained during any window I had to ride... I was bummed.

Then there was the wedding saturday evening which was so wonderful. And sunday came with beautiful sunshine and I managed to get a 51 mile ride in with two friends and everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.

I have a bunch of pictures I'll have to add to this thread later, but I had a fantastic time. This is the first time I've really been up to vermont in the summer for something like this and I can't wait to do it again. The last time I went when it was warm was when I rode my motorcycle over from MA to visit a friend. Then another time when I drove my miata there. Unfortunately I no longer have either of the vehicles... but those are some fantastic memories. I was so happy to add to them this weekend.
Old 09-03-2024, 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear of troubles but good that you got some some riding and overall good experience otherwise. We had rain Saturday as well. It was a light rain though and I didnt even put my rain jacket on. Sunday and Monday rides as well; Sunday on tandem.

We will actually be in Burlington in two weeks for a brevet - also on the tandem. I've not been to Burlington in years.