Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2024, 11:20 PM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Is the TLAB in the classifieds your size?
so, funny enough I had right of first refusal on that bike from Weisan as it came from the same original owner as my Anderson.. I was super close on getting it, but wanted something with e-shifting and bit larger tire clearance.. it will be a fantastic bike for whoever picks it up though! One of the biggest draws to the SL8 Roubaix is the claimed 40mm tire clearance (Baron Blubba says a 42 can fit).. that will probably mean I can ride that on 90% of the gravel I would want to go on.. it also have fender mounts that might be important when I move to Oregon in two years..

Last edited by fourflys; 08-30-2024 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-30-2024, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
been a few months since this was last commented on..

anyone have time on an SL8 Roubaix?

The guy I bought the ‘21 S-Works Roubaix from in February (referenced above) bought a S-Works SL-8 to replace it. He says it is more responsive and race like than the Roubaix.

I’ve got over 3,700 miles on the Roubaix since March. The Future Shock is amazing! It does everything Spesh says it does. This bike with the FS and 30mm Conti GP5000 tires is the smooooothest ride I’ve ever had.

Good luck,

Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2024, 08:58 AM

Hey fourflys sell the Anderson to me and buy the Tlab. Not that I need another bike. LMK- if you are going down that road.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:08 AM
Back At It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob59 View Post
Hey fourflys sell the Anderson to me and buy the Tlab. Not that I need another bike. LMK- if you are going down that road.
sorry, no plans to sell the Anderson.. that bike is so beautiful to look at and just fantastic to ride.. and I can't imagine another chance to own a custom stainless bike at the price I paid for it. At some point, I imagine I'll hang an electronic groupset on it, but the Red 22 is doing pretty well at this point.. but if you want to take it out for a day sometime, let me know.. all good to me!

The T-Lab would be a fantastic bike for someone only looking to ride 32-33mm tires.. (I think it maxes out at 35mm) but I have 30mm Vittoria Corsa Controls on the Anderson and it rides like magic, so I'm looking for something that can get closer to that 40mm tire that would allow some light gravel and/or fenders once i move to Oregon..
Old 08-30-2024, 11:41 AM

I need to bring the BMC up one day, swap bikes and tires with you as I have 32mm tires that measure 34.5...Wanted to try some smaller rubber to test the ride quality...Enjoy the holiday weekend....stopped at the front gate to see "Charlie" the gate keeper and get a refill on H20- He is a character.....can not get him to stop saying '"sir" even in Lyrca.