Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-2023, 11:41 PM

That burgundy and pink is a nice pairing (according to my monitor)
Old 09-30-2023, 12:23 AM

About 2 years ago I was pretty much sold on a Ritchey road frame. A friend who had a Ritchey and a Gunner let me ride both. I was sold on the Ritchey until I rode the Gunner. That said, I would have been totally satisfied with the Ritchey but I liked the Gunner a little better. Since Gunners are no longer available I think a Ritchey is a very good bike/frame. I have a Ritchey P-22 from the '90's that is the best 26" mountain bike I have ever ridden.
Old 09-30-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
I have always thought the Logic was a great deal on a steel frame.
This year I may jump

I cannot guarantee it but... I am told this is the new color
I've been waiting to see the colorway they release this year as well. Not to pry too much, but how reliable do you think that info is?
Old 09-30-2023, 07:37 AM

I have had the black with grey logo Road Logic Disk for three years and love it. Very stable, smooth ride, and plenty reactive/playful for me. I am 6 ft and ride the 57 with a 90 mm stem. Works for me, but could likely have gone with the size down too. Agree that 53 seems too small for someone 5 11, unless you really like a smaller bike. Build is Ultegra with Ritchey WCS stem, handlebar, and seatpost. November 36 mm deep carbon rims laced to White Industry hubs. 30c Schwalbe G One Speed tires that run 32mm with plenty of clearance. Fine on some light gravel too. I dream of buying a Kirk or Bishop some day, but for now I feel like the Logic gets me much of that experience at a reasonable price. I suggest going for it! The new disk version is likely to be a kind of British racing green which sounds great.
Old 09-30-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
I have always thought the Logic was a great deal on a steel frame.
This year I may jump

I cannot guarantee it but... I am told this is the new color

Color is great! Have they built a sufficient number of frames to please the market for the next 12 months or will it be sold out in a few days?
Old 09-30-2023, 09:45 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweitee View Post
I've been waiting to see the colorway they release this year as well. Not to pry too much, but how reliable do you think that info is?
That colorway info is embargoed, but it is 100% reliable. I imagine the images were taken from a Ritchey distributor's dealer facing website.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
That colorway info is embargoed, but it is 100% reliable. I imagine the images were taken from a Ritchey distributor's dealer facing website.
Thank you!
Old 09-30-2023, 09:56 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
I'm curious how you land on a 53? What is your saddle height and current road bike/dimensions?
Really just going on hearsay based on what I currently ride. In the last 18 months I sold all of my size 56/ML bikes and rebought them in 54/M. I prefer a short, low reach. If the reach is too short, I get a longer stem, which is much better than having frame reach too long and getting a shorter stem.

For reference, here is the geo on my get low go fast bike (2023 Propel), which I use for everything from 2 hour blasts to 7 hour epics. Everything is stock. I'm the third column from the left, size M. My saddle height using SPD XT/XTR pedals is ~74.9cm. I use two small spacers, not sure the exact height of each, to raise the bars a little.

If you've got any feedback or recommendations on which Ritchey seems closest, I'd be happy to hear it.

[IMG]Propel Geo by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 09-30-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Really just going on hearsay based on what I currently ride. In the last 18 months I sold all of my size 56/ML bikes and rebought them in 54/M. I prefer a short, low reach. If the reach is too short, I get a longer stem, which is much better than having frame reach too long and getting a shorter stem.

For reference, here is the geo on my get low go fast bike (2023 Propel), which I use for everything from 2 hour blasts to 7 hour epics. Everything is stock. I'm the third column from the left, size M. My saddle height using SPD XT/XTR pedals is ~74.9cm. I use two small spacers, not sure the exact height of each, to raise the bars a little.

If you've got any feedback or recommendations on which Ritchey seems closest, I'd be happy to hear it.

[IMG]
Propel Geo by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]
Propel M stack and reach = 545/388

A Road Logic in 53 is (assuming the geo is the same on the new version) is 549/391. With the same stem length, you'll need 5mm fewer spacers or a slightly steeper stem angle to get the same front end position +/- a mm or 2.

Propel STA = 73, Road Logic 53 = 74, so you'd need roughly 10mm more setback on the post. I don't know what the setback is on the proprietary seatposts Giant use, but unless it's >20mm and you've got your saddle slammed back on the rails, you'd find a post to get the same position on the Ritchey.

STL on the Giant is 520mm; it's 505 on the Ritchey size 53. With a ~750mm saddle height, assuming ~40mm from rail to seat, you'd have just over 200mm post showing. As long as you pick a standard length seatpost, you'll be fine.

In other words, you can pretty much replicate your position on the Giant on a size 53 Road Logic.

Last edited by callmeishmael; 09-30-2023 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:27 AM
Vendor

@CallMeIshmael, thank you. That was awesome.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Ah that is good to know. The person who showed it claimed to be a dealer waiting for stock but was basically anonymous on FB

Does look nice & like others have said only hope they made a bunch. Last colorway ran out really quickly

I think it just shows there is still demand for these types of frames at these price points

Last edited by flying; 09-30-2023 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 01:06 PM

In 2021 I was torn between a ritchey and Gunnar roadie, ultimately found a used roadie in my size and have really like it. I have the newer version tubing (post early 2010s) and with a paint matched carbon fork. It's smooth and decently light for a 62cm frame. Tire clearance is limited by the fork (28mm), there's no doubt the frame could easily clear a 30mm tire.

There are a few on Pinkbike and eBay that come up every so often.

I haven't ridden the Ritchey to compare though.
Old 09-30-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:

[IMG]Propel Geo by Michael Lock, on Flickr[/IMG]
What I figured and makes sense.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:53 PM
formerly Landshark_98

I have a newer - 2021 maybe - Swiss Cross - disc, carbon fork. I like the frame and how it rides a lot. The geometry is better for all road - it is there cyclocross bike after all, but it has a really nice lively ride.
Old 10-07-2023, 04:41 PM

@baron_blubba do let us know what you decide