Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2024, 06:55 PM

The skitch has the same drive as my Cervelo Rouvida. The Rouvida has worked well for me. I upgraded mine with BTLOS wheels from my other bikes. I ride 60 miles regularly with 4200 feet of climbing and have up to 40% of the battery left. I've ridden over 100 miles on one charge on two occasions.
Old 09-06-2024, 07:05 PM

This one is a hoot! But not really suitable for most neighborhood trails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (149.7 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (148.2 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (71.6 KB, 170 views)
Old 09-06-2024, 07:41 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

We just got my wife a Trek Dual Sport Plus Stagger. [stagger=drop top tube] literally last weekend. The 400.00 off sale put it right @ 2000.00. Ironically the day we were supposed to pick it up I laid down my Domane and bruised my right quad pretty good [bad]. Like I could not walk barely, nor get out of my LR chair easily if at all. So 11 days in my first ride was on her e-bike. Scant 3 miles to not overdue it. Tried 2 days earlier and could not get the right leg to do a full pedal stroke.

It's 38lb and apparently puts puts out 275 watts in turbo. I am concerned if she forgets it is in turbo and make a low speed U turn and pedals it may be an issue as it really kicks hard-ish and suddenly as it feels your pressure on the pedal increase.

Next ride was on my computrainer as it hit 100 here for a few days. And I don't want her to feel I have interest in riding her new bike.

In Victoria, BC in Aug the hotel had some 55lb Treks for guests gratis. And another +15 lb of on board racks locks and tire liners etc. My 1st ride on an EV. What a load it felt like. The Trek Dual Sport plus is well named comparatively I can report.

I can still pedal well and semi fast @ 67 [when not smashed up] and intend to try to hold off one for me till +75 yrs old, Darwin willing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trek Dual Sport 2 E-Bike.jpg (63.2 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by robt57; 09-06-2024 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:02 PM

I saw one of these today…I think I need it. Guy riding it had a big grin on his face, it looked like so much fun!
https://super73.com/products/super73...s-series-bikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8774.jpeg (18.9 KB, 157 views)
Old 09-06-2024, 08:10 PM

Pivot E-Vault. I've done 2-3 gravel rides with it and it's a blast. Mostly used to run quick errands, groceries and get takeout. I purchased a nice insulated backpack (think uber eats) and paneers for that purpose.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Notice the lack of any pedal-ability.

Just what we need, an electric motocross machine (that can go 69 mph) on our MTB trails.

Old 09-06-2024, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwart View Post
Notice the lack of any pedal-ability.

Just what we need, an electric motocross machine (that can go 69 mph) on our MTB trails.

This thing lives squarely on regular moto trails with regular motos. Not suitable for mixed-use trail environs.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:40 PM

Quote:
This thing lives squarely on regular moto trails with regular motos. Not suitable for mixed-use trail environs.
Got it. Not clear in your original post.

Great that it’s not noisy and polluting like the other (ICE) motos. Just as much fun without the downside.
Old 09-06-2024, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I need a place or need to live in a place that makes sense to own one of those. I blasted around on a neighbors early this summer and many hoots were had. His had more of an enduro tire set up.

I don't recall the brand of his, what's yours?
Old 09-06-2024, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
I need a place or need to live in a place that makes sense to own one of those. I blasted around on a neighbors early this summer and many hoots were had. His had more of an enduro tire set up.

I don't recall the brand of his, what's yours?
Surron LBX with lots of mods.
Old 09-06-2024, 09:44 PM

These are the motorbikes that are terrorizing the Boulder bike paths these days. Not just teenagers but "dads" are using it too. I cannot wait for the day when they get banned from bike paths.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2024, 10:10 PM
Byron

I did not dig deep into the thread responses to the o.p.
I did chat with a guy yesterday that was riding an e-bike that he purchased over 20 years ago. He's pretty techie, but he's made his own battery replacements with inexpensive parts. The bike looks like a regular everyday commuter with fatter tires, racks and fenders. It was a Giant model of some kind. Anyway, I was very impressed. 20+ years at a low price and still rolling.
That was an eye opener for me.
I have no problem with cyclists going electric because they know the skill set and etiquette, it's the non-cyclists that worry me big time.
Old 09-07-2024, 07:35 AM

I have a Specialized Turbo Creo SL that I use for commuting. It’s torque-sensing, so it only gives power when you are pedaling, and has a small battery and motor. It has 3 levels of assist, returning an extra 25%, 50% or 100% power to what you put in the pedals. It’s great because I can get a good aerobic workout on the way to work and still travel at 20mph, so it is almost as quick as driving to work. And it’s light (ish) so I can carry it up 6 flights of stairs to my office. And on the way home I can turn the assist down and get a better workout. We also got one for my wife, so she can ride with me when I take out my regular bike. It works well in that respect, although one time we were grinding up a long hill and I was totally surprised when she powered by me in turbo mode!

I have mine set up with a pannier rack, fenders, and a rechargeable light and with Pirelli Cinturato Velo tires it rides well and is puncture resistant. It is my all-weather commuter, except ice. At that point I drive my car!
Old 09-07-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
These are the motorbikes that are terrorizing the Boulder bike paths these days. Not just teenagers but "dads" are using it too. I cannot wait for the day when they get banned from bike paths.
They already are....enforcement is the issue here.
Old 09-07-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_douglas View Post
I saw one of these in the flesh today in my LBS. It is a very nice looking bike. If I had $8k burning a hole in my pocket that had to be spent on a stock (not custom) bike, it would be on a Skitch. Sadly, it was a small and I am an XL, so I couldnt test ride it!
I took a look online. What's up with the Reach numbers shown though. These are huge, aren't they?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skitch geo.jpg (40.1 KB, 123 views)