Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2024, 02:14 PM

https://worldclasscycles.com/product...gum-sidewalls/

Seems like a decent deal
Old 10-08-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
This is a bummer. I really like their tubulars. Also have a set of their clinchers, which are great.
Old 10-09-2024, 07:00 AM

Well damn. I love these things and really don’t want to find a new brand. Never ridden on such a supple non tubular tire before.
Old 10-09-2024, 07:07 AM
Administrator

I love Veloflex tires, but their real shining star was the tubulars.

In my opinion, in the last 5 years or so, Vittoria has eclipsed them in the "best of" category with regard to clinchers/tubeless. The newest PRO tires are really excellent and a step above what Veloflex was doing in that space.

Still upset to see them go though, perhaps someone will acquire the name and bring them back to their full glory.
Old 10-09-2024, 07:23 AM

For me veloflex clinchers had a balance of wear, ride feel, disability, and price. $47 from worldclass cycles for a corsa evo non tubeless was a deal. Just in they past couple of months they raised their prices on them. I'm still not up for paying $75+ for a bicycle tire from Vittoria because they printed pro on the sidewall.
Old 10-09-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I love Veloflex tires, but their real shining star was the tubulars.

In my opinion, in the last 5 years or so, Vittoria has eclipsed them in the "best of" category with regard to clinchers/tubeless. The newest PRO tires are really excellent and a step above what Veloflex was doing in that space.

Still upset to see them go though, perhaps someone will acquire the name and bring them back to their full glory.

The Pro Tour line are some of the best riding tubulars, and I've ridden a TON! They're so supple, durable and decently priced. I'm buying a few pairs from Lordgun and just going to sit on them.. My other option are the Specialized Hell of the North Tubular, which is also a nice riding tire.
Old 10-09-2024, 04:52 PM

I haven’t tried their current Pro version as I have been working down a supply of Arenberg’s and Raven’s. My supply is almost gone so I’m concerned and would be more concerned if I hadn’t recently moved to an all-road bike running 38’s. I’m sure business conditions are likely causing their closing. While I love riding them, the very small number of riders on tubulars is getting smaller every year.
Old 10-09-2024, 06:56 PM

They not only made the best tubulars but the best clincher too. The Masters were the very best clinchers I've ever ridden. They felt closest to tubulars like no other. Still have 3 left. I was bummed when they did away with them.

I don't get that the changing market is the problem, they changed with the market didn't they? When pro's started using tubeless, even though they suck compared to tubular , they changed with it and made tubeless tires. Do they have a bad reputation for tubeless?
Old 10-09-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmsj21 View Post
I haven’t tried their current Pro version as I have been working down a supply of Arenberg’s .
I have just six remaining Arenbergs, along with three 23mm Carbons, and then my Veloflex stash is empty. Maybe I’ll pick up a few of the Pro Tour line before they are all gone.