Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2020, 12:39 PM

Yes I did that too ...this thing is a big beast...it fits a space that’s
48 inch wide 24 inches deep and 7ft tall so it’s big and given it’s a senior age in the world of appliances - 18 years old may not be the most efficient either...

Hopeful and fingers crossed as this is definitely not an expense I’m needing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2020, 12:40 PM

I am now on day 4 since i first had fever. Im feeling a lot stronger and fever is now only intermittent (hmm if that means comes ang goes).

Generally it have not been that rough at all. Maybe ive just had the common flu or a cold. Who knows but it feels good that im not as weak as a couple of days ago, that had me a bit worried.

GI issues seem to be better now that i can move around a bit as well.
Throat not as soar. Now i just have to go that last mile n get completely well and then stay away from ppl for a bit of time i guess.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
Our samsung stopped working and it was a stupidly designed duck-bill type drain valve, simple explanation online and not hard to fix--had to remove everything and get to the valve, but not hard, just took a little time to melt the built up ice
Been there done that with my Whirlpool a couple times!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
I am now on day 4 since i first had fever. Im feeling a lot stronger and fever is now only intermittent (hmm if that means comes ang goes).

Generally it have not been that rough at all. Maybe ive just had the common flu or a cold. Who knows but it feels good that im not as weak as a couple of days ago, that had me a bit worried.

Throat not as soar. Now i just have to go that last mile n get completely well and then stay away from ppl for a bit of time i guess.

Great news!!!!

And yes social distancing ....well.... in your case i’d recommend going full press with social lockdown...just to be safe...if your not in a state currently on lockdown you can start the trend for yours

Stay on the mend!!

Old 03-22-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
Yes I did that too ...this thing is a big beast...it fits a space that’s
48 inch wide 24 inches deep and 7ft tall so it’s big and given it’s a senior age in the world of appliances - 18 years old may not be the most efficient either...

Hopeful and fingers crossed as this is definitely not an expense I’m needing right now.

SubZero?
Old 03-22-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Rider View Post
SubZero?

No not that fancy...GE monogram.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Check for ice buildup in the vent between freezer and fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by daker13 View Post
Or for whether it's blocked with food items.
Thank you. I'll check it out.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:49 PM

Cancelled trip to Florida to visit in-laws. Father in-law was initially pretty pissed. Seems to be more understanding it now.

1 more day of our 10 day staycation and back to work. Both of us are essential workers. Wife's clients come to her, I go to mine. I'm betting that I get it 1st. Not that we have readily available testing around to know.

I usually sleep like a rock. Probably won't tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:25 AM

I was in Israel for work, the exercise got curtailed and we were all sent home before their borders were shut. I flew from Tel Aviv to Dulles then home and pretty sure I was not exposed but who knows on a 12 hour flight? I just passed the 15 day point with no symptoms but many don't have symptoms so again, who knows. Now mostly teleworking but waiting for the shoe to drop on activation of NY National Guard folks, of which I am one. Got my family and home prepared in case I have to head downstate for a while. Fun fact: I served six months at sea with FEMA administrator Gaynor when I was a lieutenant in the USMC. Haven't had any contact with him in years but I remember that he was absolutely mission oriented for what its worth to people's faith in government.

Hang in there people, we will all get throught this.

Pat
Old 03-23-2020, 09:32 AM

Knew it would happen eventually. Waco, TX following Dallas lead and ordering shelter in place effective midnight tonight. Non essential businesses ordered to close.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:54 AM
Randomhead

Most refrigerators are the same. A lot of them have a problem with the trap in the auto defrost drain line. Whirlpool is famous for that. They had a repair kit which consisted of a piece of aluminum that went into the drain from the heating coil. I used some copper wire on outs, which worked fairly well. This problem can cause water to build up in the freezer and clog the air passage to the refrigerator part.

There are other issues, like a bad controller, but those are somewhat lest common. Also check to make sure the control door is free to move.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:31 PM

My business is closed but at this point I don't have the virus. I'm an old diabetic so I'm high risk.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:23 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
Most refrigerators are the same. A lot of them have a problem with the trap in the auto defrost drain line. Whirlpool is famous for that. They had a repair kit which consisted of a piece of aluminum that went into the drain from the heating coil. I used some copper wire on outs, which worked fairly well. This problem can cause water to build up in the freezer and clog the air passage to the refrigerator part.

There are other issues, like a bad controller, but those are somewhat lest common. Also check to make sure the control door is free to move.
I had this exact problem with my kitchen-aid/whirpool - the duck bill drain froze shut and the unit started icing over. replaced that tiny piece, then melted off the rest with hot water poured into the drain whole which collected in the pan eventually evaporating.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:16 PM

My sense of time has melted away. I have more time for the things I liked to do at home and have spoken to friends and loved ones more than I have in a long time. I'm at my uncle's house for the time being. Fully stocked up for now. Waiting for the rain to become sunshine. I was furloughed from my job, I'm unsure how I will be paying for my apartment, however, I am insulated for now. New York is the epicenter, I'm glad I left when I did. I feel as if I am hiding out, away from the world as if I had been framed for a crime I did not commit.

Tomorrow, I will ride my bike.