Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-2019, 03:35 PM

One thing that's clear is that the Clips, and probably the Rockets next round, do not care that this is "The Warriors". The aura is gone.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
One thing that's clear is that the Clips, and probably the Rockets next round, do not care that this is "The Warriors". The aura is gone.
The Warriors look a step slow on defense, Atlanta High School Legend Lou Williams is one bad shooting night away from turning this into a 3-2 Clippers series.

Maybe Golden State can just turn it on next round, but Harden is on another level at this point and they're going to have all the motivation in the world to topple the Dubs.

At what point does Steph Curry disappearing in important games in the playoffs become a thing? Because it's starting to feel like a thing.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:16 PM
v a n i l l a

you guys know that stephs brother is marrying doc's daughter right?
this whole thing is rigged for a game 7.

meanwhile, SHARKS!
Old 04-25-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
The Warriors look a step slow on defense, Atlanta High School Legend Lou Williams is one bad shooting night away from turning this into a 3-2 Clippers series.

Maybe Golden State can just turn it on next round, but Harden is on another level at this point and they're going to have all the motivation in the world to topple the Dubs.

At what point does Steph Curry disappearing in important games in the playoffs become a thing? Because it's starting to feel like a thing.
This is equal parts Steph and Kerr, IMO. If you put a physical bulldog defender on Steph, you can get him out of his rhythm. So at what point does the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world do something to demand the ball? Didn't they sign Andrew Bogut to, among other things, lay the wood on a screen, a la Steven Adams? Kerr can't draw up a play to generate a switch?

Did anyone else see that the Rockets are traveling to LA to watch game 6, purportedly to be ready for a potential Sunday early start in Oracle? This is a 3D chess level of trolling by Houston.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
This is equal parts Steph and Kerr, IMO. If you put a physical bulldog defender on Steph, you can get him out of his rhythm. So at what point does the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world do something to demand the ball? Didn't they sign Andrew Bogut to, among other things, lay the wood on a screen, a la Steven Adams? Kerr can't draw up a play to generate a switch?

Did anyone else see that the Rockets are traveling to LA to watch game 6, purportedly to be ready for a potential Sunday early start in Oracle? This is a 3D chess level of trolling by Houston.
They better all show up courtside in their Rockets warmups, like they're ready to go right after that game wraps, like it's the NCAA tournament first weekend in an arena.

I genuinely don't know if the Warriors are up for another rock fight kind of series, and that's just to get to the WCF, where the Oakland native who's hitting 40 footers to eliminate teams from the playoffs might be waiting.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:09 PM

Everything will go down exactly how Jerry West wants it to. Maybe.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:10 PM

For the first time, I’m thinking that GS won’t win it all. They look like a mentally spent team.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:30 AM

So I know that no one outside of South Texas or Colorado is watching, but...

...can we get a little love for the relentless, soul-sucking maw of Spurs basketball? It is 2019! You should not be able to post-up turnaround 12 foot jumper your way into the second round of the playoffs!

Denver gets a 43-12-9 line from their Serbian savant of a playmaker and they lose by 17.

The Spurs just keep coming.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Anyone into Game of Zones? It’s a game of thrones parody that hits on central narratives throughout the season. The latest one is about the Kawhi Leonard trade.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=cTU8iRdwfGc
Old 04-26-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So I know that no one outside of South Texas or Colorado is watching, but...

...can we get a little love for the relentless, soul-sucking maw of Spurs basketball? It is 2019! You should not be able to post-up turnaround 12 foot jumper your way into the second round of the playoffs!

Denver gets a 43-12-9 line from their Serbian savant of a playmaker and they lose by 17.

The Spurs just keep coming.
The Spurs are seeing a next generation backcourt blossom with White and Murray now too.

22 freaking years and still chugging along. Unreal. Unparalleled in pro sports.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
The Spurs are seeing a next generation backcourt blossom with White and Murray now too.

Remember preseason when Murray got hurt for the year and NBA media/twitter started floating the idea that the Spurs could finally miss the playoffs?

Everyone, basketball fan or not should read this Popovich story. Just an incredible dude.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Yep. Greatest coach in NBA history. I never could root against the Spurs in the Duncan era even when they were playing the Dubs in the playoffs.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Remember preseason when Murray got hurt for the year and NBA media/twitter started floating the idea that the Spurs could finally miss the playoffs?

Everyone, basketball fan or not should read this Popovich story. Just an incredible dude.
Great read. The side-bar story cracks me up. "Want to dine like Pop?" Yeah, sure. A bit out of my price range.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Still chewing over that story (haha). It occurs to me that there's a slight, almost imperceptible undercurrent. The story quoted an anonymous source (presumably a player) who said that sometimes your just in the mood for "burgers and fries."

There's certainly a "Kool-Aid" element to all the meals. You gotta buy all in. Wonder what happens when you don't? Does that explain Kawhi?

And I'm a big Pop fan.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Still chewing over that story (haha). It occurs to me that there's a slight, almost imperceptible undercurrent. The story quoted an anonymous source (presumably a player) who said that sometimes your just in the mood for "burgers and fries."

There's certainly a "Kool-Aid" element to all the meals. You gotta buy all in. Wonder what happens when you don't? Does that explain Kawhi?

And I'm a big Pop fan.
I think it might. I’m pretty introverted myself, and after a long day at work, the last thing I want is dinner out with colleagues or clients, even those I would consider friends. Kawhi might be there too. Curious if he gets roped into the “once a Spur, always a Spur” stuff in a few years.