Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
Funny how the ones most outraged about Armstrong are the most bile spewing vindictive haters. Looks like some serious cases of projection.
Hi Lance!
Old 07-30-2019, 06:56 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
He sure is trying hard to rehabilitate his image. I wonder what he’s after?
Since when is Howard Stern, of all people, the show to use to rehabilitate your image?

If Oprah couldn't do it, I very much doubt that Howard Stern can.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Hi Lance!
What's the Damiano Cunego/LA backstory?
Old 07-30-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Since when is Howard Stern, of all people, the show to use to rehabilitate your image?

If Oprah couldn't do it, I very much doubt that Howard Stern can.

He’s got a huge audience that spans demographics and he has gained a reputation as a good interviewer. Seems to makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 09:54 PM

You cant have a comeback if you never went away. i think ive about reached the saturation point with la
Old 07-30-2019, 10:31 PM

If it's not worth your time to listen to it, then don't spend the time posting about how you are not going to listen to it. Then you're wasting everyone's time who clicked into the thread.

If you're over LA, then don't watch his videos and don't read stories about him. You can actually apply this to all of your life! If you don't like something, don't do it or put yourself around it. Crazy concept, I know... But it actually works instead of complaining about it.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:40 PM

People still listen to Howard Stern?
Old 07-30-2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpass View Post
If it's not worth your time to listen to it, then don't spend the time posting about how you are not going to listen to it. Then you're wasting everyone's time who clicked into the thread.

If you're over LA, then don't watch his videos and don't read stories about him. You can actually apply this to all of your life! If you don't like something, don't do it or put yourself around it. Crazy concept, I know... But it actually works instead of complaining about it.
I clicked on the header knowing there would be hidden kernels of wisdom, like those above, amidst all the predictable noise that surrounds the topic.

FWIW, I come here to waste time.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:39 AM

Quote:

Sorry, it's the "internets", that's what people do. Maybe the Russians can use this for the upcoming elections.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:54 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
He sure is trying hard to rehabilitate his image. I wonder what he’s after?
By being interviewed by Stern? He's as much of a turd as LA-7 is.
Quote:
He’s got a huge audience that spans demographics and he has gained a reputation as a good interviewer. Seems to makes sense to me.
He's one of the slimiest, crudest, most disgusting people on the radio..do some research..the guy's a slimeball.
Quote:
The legendary shock jock begins his reign as a judge of "America's Got Talent" this evening, and already, critics are up in arms. The Parents Television Council, the watchdog group that bemoans any suggestion of sex or profanity on TV, sent a letter to 91 companies that have bought commerical time during the NBC competition in the past, advising them to spend their money elsewhere because of Stern's "reputation for sleaze and misogyny."
https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=16327309

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 07-31-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:

The thread title is a question. Unless you are expecting only "yes" responses to that question, "no" responses are entirely germane to the topic. On the other hand none of us come here to be life-coached. Thats the real waste of time here.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
By being interviewed by Stern? He's as much of a turd as LA-7 is.

He's one of the slimiest, crudest, most disgusting people on the radio..do some research..the guy's a slimeball.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=16327309
Thanks for this. I like him. He does a lot (with his wife) for animal welfare. He's also the only media outlet who (recently) gave Kim Goldman airtime after OJ started tweeting.

Don't listen. I will (so will millions of others).
Old 07-31-2019, 07:23 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
Thanks for this. I like him. He does a lot (with his wife) for animal welfare. He's also the only media outlet who (recently) gave Kim Goldman airtime after OJ started tweeting.

Don't listen. I will (so will millions of others).
Free country but I think past words and deeds matter..and stern has made his bed..maybe he's trying to resurrect a failing persona, kinda like LA-7..

Considering some of the interviews he has had, some of the disgusting things he has said and done.....and is proud of, being nice to animals doesn't quite make up for that..IMHO...
Old 07-31-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kirk View Post
Early-ish in this year's TdF coverage they had Lance on as an expert commentator and he gave some behind-the-scenes feel. He also promoted his podcast during the TdF coverage.

I'm not usually a letter-to-the-editor kind of guy but seeing his lying face on the screen had me googling NBCSN contact and I fired off a strong note saying that having Armstrong on their broadcast made sure that crime did indeed pay for him. I said that if he was on again I would turn off their network and not turn it back on again.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who complained because as far as I know his segment was axed after the first episode and did not return.

I agree strongly with second chances and redemption BUT only after the person makes amends and atones for their bad actions. Until he does that I'm writing angry letters and doing everything I can to make sure my money doesn't end up in his pocket.

dave
+1 ….making amends will most likely never happen
Old 07-31-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
Pretty disgusted that NBC gave him a modicum of any "expert" opinion. He should join up with Moscow Mitch!
Moscow who?
Was he a rider on Postal??
Closed Thread