Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 01:19 PM
extremely tall

~$45/mo for the base + $9/mo for the cycling package.

i cut the cable cord so fubo gets me networks, nesn for my red sox, all the major cable news channels, and lots of other stuff that i don't watch.

between fubo with the cycling package and NBC Sports Gold ($30/year) I get pretty much all the cycling (and other TV) I can watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindmost View Post
Is there something I'm missing about fubo?

When I look on their site I see $50 a month or a bunch of cable channels that includes NBC Sports, Olympic channel, and Bein. Is this what gets you the Giro and a lot of other good stuff? My previous experience with cable says no.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echelon_john View Post
Aha. Thanks.

How is the cycling package for later broadcast/replays and DVR-ability?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:48 PM
extremely tall

Both are good. There's a 30hr DVR included with subscription (upgradeable) and they do replays all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindmost View Post
Aha. Thanks.

How is the cycling package for later broadcast/replays and DVR-ability?
Old 05-03-2019, 02:37 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
You need to subscribe to the Eurosport player product. So, the first step is to get a VPN that allows you to get to the UK (or other Euro market) and then to subscribe to Eurosport Player. Then when you want to watch, you turn on your VPN and go to the Eurosport player site.

I don't have a tablet, but I understand you can download the eurosport player app and do it that way also, if your mobile device has a vPN.
Regarding the 2nd part, a couple of years ago Eurosport starting requiring access to the location on mobile devices. That means that to watch with a phone or tablet you have to spoof the GPS so that it thinks you are in the country of origin....there are apps which do that.

FWIW, if you can live without English commentary there are a lot of European steams that can be accessed with just a VPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
A somewhat new problem is that Eurosport won't let you pay with a US based payment, you have to jump through more hoops to get them to take your money. Still worth it, imo.
Yes, a most unwelcome development.

Quote:
That $45 base is what keeps me from signing up. I would love to have the cycling package but I don't want any of the other programming and I'm certainly not going to pay $50+ a month just to get cycling.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:42 PM
50 bpm

I pay for my Eurosport player subscription with PayPal.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:55 PM
il Curmudgeoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
I pay for my Eurosport player subscription with PayPal.
I still don't understand how you can do that.

I had ES for several years. Last fall my CC was compromised and a new one was issued. My ES subscription was up in Jan or Feb and when I went to renew it with the new CC I got the "Please use a payment method registered in this country" message. I then tried with my Paypal and got the same thing. I even tried changing my address on PP to one in the UK and it still would not take it.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Fubo Cycling package. Often euro commentators, legal, good quality.
which races are covered?

nice thing about ES is that almost everything you'd want to watch is covered. Spring Classics and semiclassics, other one-day races, various week-long stage races, grand tours, and World Championship.

The other option is a bit more balkanized
Old 05-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post

I had ES for several years. Last fall my CC was compromised and a new one was issued. My ES subscription was up in Jan or Feb and when I went to renew it with the new CC I got the "Please use a payment method registered in this country" message. I then tried with my Paypal and got the same thing. I even tried changing my address on PP to one in the UK and it still would not take it.
It works to make a new account at paypal.co.uk.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post

I’m with you on this ⬆️ Had it for several years then they geo-blocked it from mobile but I could still watch on the laptop. I let the subscription run out last year, tried to renew for the Spring Classics this year and got the same error message (I use PayPal).

I thought I’d outsmart them as my cousin lives in Spain (near Morocco) and used her PayPal credentials and still got the same message!! I couldn’t find a VPN near her so gave up. If anyone knows of a way to get Eurosport in the states, let the rest of us know.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:58 PM

Fubo cycling's coverage is pretty staggering, and you can use the DVR feature on your phone/tablet/computer.

If you are not interested in the whole TV package and just want the cycling, you should check out Flobikes.com
I think it's the same coverage as Fubo but you can pay just for cycling, it's $150 for the year and gives you more courage then you will know what to do with
https://www.flobikes.com/events/6293...lendar/entries

People are always complaining that we can't see any of the races here so now is the time to vote with your wallet so these companies don't decide to leave cycling because we are all catching pirated sketchy streams on Tiz
Old 05-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Even Eurosport's C and D teams are better than listening to Bob Roll, Christian Vande Velde, and Jens Voight. Shoot that commentary team into the sun.

Never mind Phil Liggett still stealing a paycheck for his "work" commentating on a race where he seems pathologically incapable of correctly identifying riders or teams.
Yikes...people commenting on grown ups racing a toy..’shoot that commentary team into the sun’....geez, put that axe and grinder away and have a beer.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenines View Post
. If anyone knows of a way to get Eurosport in the states, let the rest of us know.
VPN, I use Torguard, half price with a code on Slickdeals. Use the Polish server to access the Polish version of Eurosport, pay with an account from the UK Paypal site, paypal.co.uk, you can link a US card to the UK account.

(you can use the GB Eurosport instead of Polish, but the Polish one is cheaper for some reason. Switch back to the British server when you actually want to watch something)
Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Paying for Flobikes gets you ALL of the FLOsports offerings. Add NBC Sports Gold and you'll have nearly all covered. Catch some free ITV4 streaming via FB and GCN sports streaming for the smaller races. Used a VPN and EuroSport sub for a season but the Flobike/SportsGold combo is easy and comprehensive.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
Fubo cycling's coverage is pretty staggering, and you can use the DVR feature on your phone/tablet/computer.

If you are not interested in the whole TV package and just want the cycling, you should check out Flobikes.com
I think it's the same coverage as Fubo but you can pay just for cycling, it's $150 for the year and gives you more courage then you will know what to do with
https://www.flobikes.com/events/6293...lendar/entries

People are always complaining that we can't see any of the races here so now is the time to vote with your wallet so these companies don't decide to leave cycling because we are all catching pirated sketchy streams on Tiz
I would not advocate for the copyright infringers.

But I have a hard time wanting to pay double to Flo, if $150/yr is cycling only. VPN is ~$35-40, and ES Player is $55/yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
VPN, I use Torguard, half price with a code on Slickdeals. Use the Polish server to access the Polish version of Eurosport, pay with an account from the UK Paypal site, paypal.co.uk, you can link a US card to the UK account.

(you can use the GB Eurosport instead of Polish, but the Polish one is cheaper for some reason. Switch back to the British server when you actually want to watch something)
Just a heads up that they may close this loophole

A few years back, i could pay using the Irish site and then log into any of the other ES servers, depending on the VPN i use. They shut down the back door to Sweden, France, and Germany, but kept it for the UK. Then they shut down access to the UK site as well
Old 05-03-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Yikes...people commenting on grown ups racing a toy..’shoot that commentary team into the sun’....geez, put that axe and grinder away and have a beer.
Lovely people all, terrible television commentators. And it's just a tad of hyperbole. Which they could use more of if they'd listened to Carlton Kirby ever, and probably be better at the commentating thing.